What's new

2.5 Gbps LAN/Wan port

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bboncorr1

Occasional Visitor
on the AX11000 it has a 2.5 Gbps LAN/WAN port. I’m currently seeing a 1.5 GBPS from my internet when I’m direct to the modem. As of now I’m running the Xbox series X off that port but it seems like a waste because the Xbox only has a Gig port anyways. I’m wondering if I’d get more out of flipping that into the WAN. I got a couple wifi6 products like my iPhone and a laptop. I don’t necessarily need the extra speed for those products.

Any thoughts on if it’s worth it to keep the Xbox on that port for reasons I’m not considering? Would I actually see more WI-FI speed by flipping the Wan? Any helpful advice would be appreciated. I’d rather keep the console hardlined unless there’s a reason to not since it’s only foot from the router.

I use the 2.5Gb port as wan on my AX86U. Aggregate tests of more than one device can pull near what the ISP speed is: 1400 with over provisioning. I haven’t found a service that will go over a Gbps anyway. So there is more value in having the whole network have more bandwidth to work with.

on the AX11000 it has a 2.5 Gbps LAN/WAN port. I’m currently seeing a 1.5 GBPS from my internet when I’m direct to the modem.

What type of Ethernet port are you wiring to the modem when you measure this?

Modem has a 2.5GbE port. Service with overprovisioning sitting around 1.4-1.5 Gig.

Set the router WAN\Dual WAN\Primary WAN to 2.5G WAN and wire the 2.5GbE port to your 2.5GbE modem with Cat5e or better. The default WAN/Internet becomes LAN port5 until you reset the router firmware.

OE

Modem has a 2.5GbE port. Service with overprovisioning sitting around 1.4-1.5 Gig.

Use it as WAN then. You have answered your own question. You have a chance to see >Gigabit aggregate traffic. Not to single device though.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!