What's new

2nd GT-5300 WiFi issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chrismsales

Occasional Visitor
My first ROG GT-AC5300 started dropping 5Ghz channels about 3-months after purchase. After multiple factory resets and dealing with tech support, they finally RMA'd for me and sent me a replacement. The replacement has been solid for 60-days and now all of a sudden the 2.4Ghz channel started acting goofy a few weeks ago and all of my smart devices and Hub using that channel were dropping. Each time I could see the 2.4 channel but when trying to join it I would get a wrong password message, even though I was using the correct password. After a reboot all devices and hub would go back online with no issues.

Today the 5Hhz channel started doing the same thing. I did a reboot a few times with no luck, I would have a hard wire connection but no WiFi connections at all on all channels. I had to plug my old router in just to get online this afternoon.

Has anyone else had this problem with this unit? I did a firmware update earlier this week to the most recent version but for two units to start doing the same thing is very strange. This is a beast of a router but it's starting to become a real pain in the arse to mess with. I have a Geek Squad warranty from Best Buy but they no longer carry this model so if I wanted to replace it would have to be with something else.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

My first ROG GT-AC5300 started dropping 5Ghz channels about 3-months after purchase. After multiple factory resets and dealing with tech support, they finally RMA'd for me and sent me a replacement. The replacement has been solid for 60-days and now all of a sudden the 2.4Ghz channel started acting goofy a few weeks ago and all of my smart devices and Hub using that channel were dropping. Each time I could see the 2.4 channel but when trying to join it I would get a wrong password message, even though I was using the correct password. After a reboot all devices and hub would go back online with no issues.

Today the 5Hhz channel started doing the same thing. I did a reboot a few times with no luck, I would have a hard wire connection but no WiFi connections at all on all channels. I had to plug my old router in just to get online this afternoon.

Has anyone else had this problem with this unit? I did a firmware update earlier this week to the most recent version but for two units to start doing the same thing is very strange. This is a beast of a router but it's starting to become a real pain in the arse to mess with. I have a Geek Squad warranty from Best Buy but they no longer carry this model so if I wanted to replace it would have to be with something else.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
So I left the router unplugged for 48-hours and then fired up this am and did a hard reset. After resetting the wifi networks all seems to be ok but the latest firmware update is still on the router. I called tech support and they had me send them the logs and are having someone escalate to get back in touch with me.

I noticed another post on here about issues with the 2.4 radio showing available but not allowing devices to connect. Since this is my second GT-AS5300, wondering if this is some sort of hardware defect that this model has. Anyone else with the GT-AC5300 experiencing the same issues with their 2.4 Ghz radio disconnecting?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!