What's new

[ 3004.388.6 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty upgrade for RT-AX86U without any issues... Everything working has it is supposed to, except the speedtest… It doesn't run…

Apparently the router is serving a self-signed certificate for router.asus.com (valid between 5-May-2018 and 5-May-2028) instead of my (uploaded) certificate (wildcard for my domain).

(Sorry; I can’t check the exact error on my PC right now - maybe tomorrow)
No longer getting the error today. The router is now serving my Let's Encrypt certificate instead of the self-signed Asus certificate...

Note that I have a script running at 5:00 every morning that checks whether LE certificates have changed. If so, it will copy them to /jffs/.certs and restart the httpd service. The files in /jffs/.certs are from today 05:00...

Maybe "web" (UI) upload (which I tried yesterday) is broken?

Tried flashing 388.6 twice on my AX86U Pro, but the router won't take it and is still on 388.5 after the 3 minute waiting process.

Here is a log:
https://pastebin.com/R7iA9yfm

dirty update from 3004_388.5_0, all work just fine

Ok so this morning i reflashed this Alpha again and same thing. It appears devices are connected to the router but none of them have access to the internet. I disabled DNS/TLS and bingo everything works as it should. Guessing something is wrong with DNS/TLS it simply don't work.

Ok so this morning i reflashed this Alpha again and same thing. It appears devices are connected to the router but none of them have access to the internet. I disabled DNS/TLS and bingo everything works as it should. Guessing something is wrong with DNS/TLS it simply don't work.
For those having issues with DNS-over-TLS, try switching DNS-over-TLS Profile from Strict to Opportunistic.

Something weird in the alpha. I don't run anything special at all (AX6000 main, AX86S node, no VPN, no QoS, really vanilla)

For some reason, my live bandscan for OTA TV can't make it out to their provider. I'm going to see if i can figure it out, but if a rollback works, I'll report too.

Stupid TP Link junk smart plug took out my preamp at almost the same time. Nobody accounts for power.

Last edited:
Oh snap! Missed this. Let's GO!

EDIT: APs upgraded. No issues off the hop. Will keep the router at Release level for now. Will poke and prod and reboot the gear later.

Last edited:
With the availability of the RT-AX86U 388.6 Alpha since yesterday, I updated (dirty) both my routers.

No issues for 24 hours so far. The new wireless drivers are working great. The speeds are just as snappy. The network is in its happy place.

With the availability of the RT-AX86U 388.6 Alpha since yesterday, I updated (dirty) both my routers.

No issues for 24 hours so far. The new wireless drivers are working great. The speeds are just as snappy. The network is in its happy place.
Agreed. Much like latest stock fw for ax86h. Happy days

For those having issues with DNS-over-TLS, try switching DNS-over-TLS Profile from Strict to Opportunistic.
No DNS resolution until I changed to Opportunistic. All good now. Thanks.

No DNS resolution until I changed to Opportunistic. All good now. Thanks.

Please keep in mind:

Opportunistic mode: try to use a secure transport for DNS, but fallback to unencrypted DNS if the former is unavailable. This mode is vulnerable to downgrade attacks where an attacker can force a device to use unencrypted DNS. It aims to offer privacy when there are no on-path active attackers. Source: https://blog.cloudflare.com/dns-encryption-explained

Model RT-AX86U Pro , Firmware Version: 3004.388.6_alpha1-g4889cee45a. Uptime 0 days 6 hour(s) 18 minute(s, 👍

Upgraded the GT-AX6000 Router today. Mostly everything good except for the observations already made in this thread:
- Let's Encrypt cert seems to be taking some time to re-authorize
- Speed Test is broken

Other than that - everything else is OK.

EDIT: FWIW, I see this in the logs for "Let's Encrypt"

May 5 01:05:28 Let's_Encrypt: Err, internet disconnected.

EDIT 2: I toggled between "Auto" and back to "Let's Encrypt" certs and was able to get it to authorize properly. Seems it needed a kick. Strange.

1703357064818.png

EDIT 3: From the logs - the flip to "Auto" and back seems to have triggered this:

Dec 23 13:42:36 admin: Root certificate updated, auto-generated.
Dec 23 13:42:37 admin: Server certificate updated.

Those were never present in the logs until that toggle.

EDIT 4: Regarding the Speed Test issues - when the test is triggered, it's just a constant stream of appGet.cgi calls.... they all have a 200 response but eventually fails.

1703358441589.png

1703358494621.png

Attachments

• 1703358280341.png
    1703358280341.png
    199.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
@RMerlin Is there plans to investigate and fix the DNS/TLS not working in this build. I know it's only in Alpha stage but just curious.

@RMerlin Is there plans to investigate and fix the DNS/TLS not working in this build. I know it's only in Alpha stage but just curious.
Eventually. I will need to see first if I can reproduce it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!