What's new

384.10 doesn't upgrade on RT-AC66U_B1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KPUK

Occasional Visitor
So - tried twice now, from 384.9. Upgrade all seems to run fine, but either it's not actually performing the upgrade, or the version number in 384.10 is still showing the old version. After an upgrade and reboot, still shows 384.9.

Did you use RT-AC68U firmware? and remove any USB drive and reboot and try to upgrade again.

Yes, it's the RT-AC68U firmware I used (as always). I don't use any USB drives, so that's not the issue. I rebooted twice now and with two upgrade attempts. Still the same and CPU Core 1 is permanently on 100% - never ever drops under. I can try a third time, but can't see how this is going to help. Can I downgrade?

RT-AC66_B1. Been able to dirty flash using the RT-AC68U firmware from 384.8_2 to 384.10_beta1, then beta2, and final version. No issues that I've noticed.

Yes, it's the RT-AC68U firmware I used (as always). I don't use any USB drives, so that's not the issue. I rebooted twice now and with two upgrade attempts. Still the same and CPU Core 1 is permanently on 100% - never ever drops under. I can try a third time, but can't see how this is going to help. Can I downgrade?
Factory reset may be the answer. And format the jffs when that is done. Don't use saved settings except for certificates as the nvram may be full.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

And I have it working now. So - tried twice (as above) with no success and Core 1 CPU stuck at 100%. Third time, I powered down for a couple of minutes, powered up again, did the flash once more and then powered down. On powering back up, it seems fine, CPU fine and it's showing the correct version.

Most odd - haven't had to do it this way previously.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!