What's new

RT-AX88U USB stopped working after upgrade

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

midniterebel

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I did a firmware upgrade on my AX88U yesterday, now none of the USB ports are working correctly. I have a 32gb usb flash drive in the rear port, and an Android phone on the front. The flash drive shows up as unmounted if I remove it and plug it in again however after reboot it does not appear again. The phone will not show up at all after replugging. Any help would be really appreciated.

Hopefully you have saved your previous firmware configuration in case you need to roll back. The most common advice you are going to get is reset to factory defaults the new firmware and start over with manual configuration. If still doesn't work - use what works for you and wait for a fix.

Thanks, I have tried the wpa button reset however I am having the same issue. It seems as if the front USB is completely unresponsive when anything is plugged in, and the rear will not recognize the flash drive after reboot unless it is replugged in. I feel like my router's usb ports have died as part of the firmware update.

Hello,

I did a firmware upgrade on my AX88U yesterday, now none of the USB ports are working correctly. I have a 32gb usb flash drive in the rear port, and an Android phone on the front. The flash drive shows up as unmounted if I remove it and plug it in again however after reboot it does not appear again. The phone will not show up at all after replugging. Any help would be really appreciated.
What do the logs show? Typically if there are USB issues the logs will indicate something.

It should be noted, if one reads through the Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 is now available thread, that others are having some USB issues with this release. Namely USB devices incorrectly marked on the Network Map page. (See this post)

I must just be lucky then. The only things I can think of is either a difference in the hardware version (A1.1 in my case) or less likely a change in the filesystem drivers (not mentioned anywhere that I've noticed).
Definitely a puzzler.