What's new

[384.13] AX88U and AC5300: Can't complete AIMESH setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I was able to find the correct way of connecting Asus routers with Aimesh without failure. Here is the procedure I did
1. Reset both the router and the node/s. Follow the hard reset procedure explained in the Asus website. Some models would have different methods of hard resetting.
2. Connect the WAN/internet cable to the router. Connect your PC/laptop to the LAN port of the router too. Setup your router (WiFi, etc). Do not modify the LAN IP yet. What I have noticed is that the router IP was set to 192.168.1.2.
3. Disconnect your PC from the router LAN.
4. Connect the Node LAN to your PC via LAN cable. In the browser go to router.asus.com and it should show you the setup screen of the node. Choose setting it up as a Aimesh node. Then the procedure will ask you to connect your PC to your router. Do NOT disconnect your PC LAN to your Node. Then connect your PC to your router via WIFI. You should have your Node connected to your PC via LAN and router via WIFI at the same time.
5. Then access the router on your browser by using its IP address. In my case it was 192.168.1.2. Do not use the router.asu.com.
6. Then on your router add the Node using Aimesh.

I have tried this several times on different nodes and all were successful without any failure. I am using RT-AC86U, ZenWiFi XT8s and ZenWiFiXD4s

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!