What's new

[384.14_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated my two AC86u (s), so far so good...Thanks!

Updated my RT-AC86U to Alpha 2 with full nvram reset.
On configuring fresh in ap mode I noticed one glitch: can't enable SSH daemon via browser.

Trying to enable SSH leads to a browser popup telling me I should choose a number in between 1 and 65535. No entered values will be accepted. Popup remains on screen. Seems to be something related to SSH port (predefined on 22). No clue, why I'm forced to change default SSH port if I don't want to? ;)

Otherwise seems to be running fine.

Having some smb authentication issues on the AX88U caused by the Samba merge, beyond that everything else seems to be working as expected.

Having some smb authentication issues on the AX88U caused by the Samba merge, beyond that everything else seems to be working as expected.

Hi, what kind of problems ? have you been able to overcome them ? I'm installing the alpha in a couple of hours and would like to be prepared for it... thanks

I updated to the Alpha 2 on my AX88U and I cannot see any of my DHCP settings...? I think the table is there but not showing...???

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    157.5 KB · Views: 384
Hi, what kind of problems ? have you been able to overcome them ? I'm installing the alpha in a couple of hours and would like to be prepared for it... thanks

It will have to be fixed in a future update as the smbpasswd file fails to populate causing the inability to connect to the routers smb share.

Code:
May  5 15:05:55 smbd[4285]: [2018/05/05 15:05:55.568164,  0] passdb/pdb_smbpasswd.c:248(startsmbfilepwent)
May  5 15:05:55 smbd[4285]:   startsmbfilepwent_internal: file /etc/samba/smbpasswd did not exist. File successfully created.

Code:
skynet@RT-AX88U-DC28:/tmp# ls -la /etc/samba/smbpasswd
-rw-------    1 skynet   root             0 May  5  2018 /etc/samba/smbpasswd

It will have to be fixed in a future update as the smbpasswd file fails to populate causing the inability to connect to the routers smb share.

Code:
May  5 15:05:55 smbd[4285]: [2018/05/05 15:05:55.568164,  0] passdb/pdb_smbpasswd.c:248(startsmbfilepwent)
May  5 15:05:55 smbd[4285]:   startsmbfilepwent_internal: file /etc/samba/smbpasswd did not exist. File successfully created.

Thanks. OK, then,I may have to wait for next alpha/beta.. since samba is needed in my environment...

I updated to the Alpha 2 on my AX88U and I cannot see any of my DHCP settings...? I think the table is there but not showing...???

I think they changed the way it displays the dhcp.
U need to click the drop list to see your setting.

It applies to those mobile browser like iOS or android.
Desktop pc working as per normal.

Last edited:

Just tested here and only working with Firefox. Tested with edge and chrome.
Same with Android phone.

Last edited:
Is a reset required if updating from 384.13 ? RT-AC3100.

Seems like RMerlin fixed this for next build (also re-added missing settings in LAN -> DHCP server):
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/commit/a512ef62ea0093e37881fc7c019bf6000f7ef4a4
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/commit/a500f65ad4ae0d4e4a5bb735d06cb32015bd0c2d

I am making a build with those 2 commits, I can upload if you want (for 86u)

That first fix is purely cosmetic, all browsers should be able to safely deal with the missing semicolon.

Failure for the DHCP list to show usually means one of the following:

1) Corrupted dhcp_staticlist, often because you ran out of free nvram
2) Javascript error often caused by a device with an invalid name, check the browser console for more details.

That first fix is purely cosmetic, all browsers should be able to safely deal with the missing semicolon.

2) Javascript error often caused by a device with an invalid name, check the browser console for more details.

sorry don’t understand.
Why my pc browser can properly should the full list but mobile browser (used to show) now only via a drop list
oy3BLIU.jpg

If really corrupted? How to resolve?

The DHCP static list works fine here. I have 26 static devices on my AX88U.

The DHCP static list works fine here. I have 26 static devices on my AX88U.
Have u try them on IOS and android?

Strange... up until now, everything was fine with this till Alpha 2. 3 people have this issue :\ I have more then half of NVRAM free.

in the console I have this ( I tried internet explorer and chrome-edge inPrivate tab and also deleted cookies) :
A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at https://asus.com/ was set without the `SameSite` attribute. A future release of Microsoft Edge will only deliver cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with `SameSite=None`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5088147346030592 and https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5633521622188032.

jquery.js:5 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
send @ jquery.js:5
content.js:5 --------init----------- http://172.18.0.1/Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp

---

Last edited:
Have u try them on IOS and android?
You are correct, the Android version of Chrome does not render the DHCP static list properly. I cleared everything and reloaded the page. Still not showing the static list. My desktop Ubuntu Chrome renders the page perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!