What's new

[384.14_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running this new Alpha 2 on my AX88U and see the dreaded Feedback Tab, under Administration. Wasn't this hidden from view @RMerlin ?

Yeah no DHCP reservation list here as well with Edge on Win-10 1909. I tried to set the list anyway and it did not work. Don't have time to mess around right now it works fine with stock of the same GPL guess I will install that for now till Merlin can fix it. After all it is Alpha.

You are correct, the Android version of Chrome does not render the DHCP static list properly. I cleared everything and reloaded the page. Still not showing the static list. My desktop Ubuntu Chrome renders the page perfectly.
Weird. I tried FF (in ubuntu), Edge, Edge based on chrome, internet explorer, Brave browser on an Android phone and none showed me the list . If you clear cookies on your Ubuntu Chrome , it still renders the page correctly?

Interesting I rebooted all my devices and they all got the properly assigned IP addresses I entered despite not being able to see the list. So it's there hidden some were but it works. So I will stick with this Alpha 14 I don't need to see the list as long as it works for now. All else seems to be fine.

BTW: When I upgraded from 13 before the factory reset the list I populated in 13 was very much visible on 14 Alpha but after reset gone. I am not gonna play browser games when it should just work as it does in the latest stock build. But again this is Alpha.

Hummm......
Oct 9 18:17:54 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(420): eth5:....
Oct 9 18:17:54 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(449): eth5:....

this message is back in this Alpha version.I was able to silence it by placing "Log only messages more urgent" on INFO with .13, but now its flooding the log

Edit: log messages must be set to Notice only now to stop seeing it

Last edited:
Interesting I rebooted all my devices and they all got the properly assigned IP addresses I entered despite not being able to see the list. So it's there hidden some were but it works. So I will stick with this Alpha 14 I don't need to see the list as long as it works for now. All else seems to be fine.

BTW: When I upgraded from 13 before the factory reset the list I populated in 13 was very much visible on 14 Alpha but after reset gone. I am not gonna play browser games when it should just work as it does in the latest stock build. But again this is Alpha.
you can see the list on asus router app

Running this new Alpha 2 on my AX88U and see the dreaded Feedback Tab, under Administration.
Is not shown on my AC86U.

Yeah no DHCP reservation list here as well with Edge on Win-10 1909. I tried to set the list anyway and it did not work. Don't have time to mess around right now it works fine with stock of the same GPL guess I will install that for now till Merlin can fix it. After all it is Alpha.

Relatedly, I'm using 384.13 on RT-AC86U. If you click on "View List" to see network clients or click on the DHCP Server tab on Edge, Firefox or Chrome, the lists will show for about a few milliseconds and blanks out and returns to the sign-in / logon screen. I am no longer to enter any static DHCP addresses.

This issue popped up recently for me as I had been using 384.13 since the release date with no issues. I don't recall the exact circumstances, but I think I made changes in the DHCP Server List about a week ago and this started happening. I'm not using all of the available addresses so perhaps it's a memory error related to having descriptions or something like that. I plan to wait for the final 384.14 to re-enter everything but I'd hate to see this happen again - no idea what caused this after using 384.13 for months with no issues.

Relatedly, I'm using 384.13 on RT-AC86U. If you click on "View List" to see network clients or click on the DHCP Server tab on Edge, Firefox or Chrome, the lists will show for about a few milliseconds and blanks out and returns to the sign-in / logon screen. I am no longer to enter any static DHCP addresses.

This issue popped up recently for me as I had been using 384.13 since the release date with no issues. I don't recall the exact circumstances, but I think I made changes in the DHCP Server List about a week ago and this started happening. I'm not using all of the available addresses so perhaps it's a memory error related to having descriptions or something like that. I plan to wait for the final 384.14 to re-enter everything but I'd hate to see this happen again - no idea what caused this after using 384.13 for months with no issues.

It is the same on my RT-AC86U after flashing from 384.13 to 384,14 Alpha2

Enabling format JFFS partition on next reboot and factory reset on my RT-AC86U with Alpha 2 fixed the DCHP Server list for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RT-AC66U_B1 upgraded to the Alpha 2. Seems to run well but am not seeing the DHCP reserved list in Edge and Chrome.
Yesterday I transferred some large files from a wired PC to my NAS. Noticed in the Traffic Monitor on Daily that the internal transfer was recorded which blew away the graph display. Don't think the internal, wired and WIFI should be displayed in the traffic monitor.
Traffic.jpg

I updated to the Alpha 2 on my AX88U and I cannot see any of my DHCP settings...? I think the table is there but not showing...???

I returned back to RT-AX88U_384.13_0 and the DHCP setting now show and the SMB does connect too... I will stay at this release... and follow this thread..

I returned back to RT-AX88U_384.13_0 and the DHCP setting now show and the SMB does connect too... I will stay at this release... and follow this thread..

same on my AX88U cant connect to samba - i see only root folders, subfolders are not accessible - access denied even filled user name and password

same on my AX88U cant connect to samba - i see only root folders, subfolders are not accessible - access denied even filled user name and password

Merlin has already corrected the Samba issue in the latest github commits which I can confirm is working from my local build server. The changes should be live in the next release.

Can not enable SSH with alpha 2 as I get this popup.
Going to do a full reset then see what happens.

Annotation 2019-10-10 074359.jpg

View attachment 19534
Don‘t!
I‘m already through this. This is a bug in firmware which needs to be resolved. Full reset with 14 a2. Then went down to .13 in order to enable ssh and afterwards back to.14 a2. Works now.

Noticed that full reset also changed some wifi related nvram settings in the background(hidden from UI) in comparison to .13
Also surprised that igmp snooping is enabled on 2.4 and 5g per default now.

Last edited:

View attachment 19534
Same problem here. Going to reboot with format JFFS partition and see what happens.

(EDIT) Still no SSH :(

Last edited:
Asus did some silly changes to the SSH settings (which are half-broken). I reverted these changes, however some parts weren't fully reverted. This is already fixed on my git repo.

Asus did some silly changes to the SSH settings (which are half-broken). I reverted these changes, however some parts weren't fully reverted. This is already fixed on my git repo.
Thank you. I'll stay on this alpha for awhile; hopefully won't need to SSH in anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!