What's new

384.3 Beta 2 QOS error on start RT-AC68u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eastavin

Any idea what is causing QOS error?

This was a fresh install of the beta f/w followed by manual reboot, a factory initialize and then hand entry of all the desired settings except QOS. (turned on app analyses on bandwidth monitor and did give High priority to one device though) Worked OK no errors.

Next step turned on QOS -adaptive qos and set fq_codel and left preset at 0. Selected Custom and moved VOIP to the highest priority. Hit apply. Then these errors:
upload_2018-2-11_13-0-47.png

I imagine this means QOS is not working? Anything we can do settings wise to avoid this? Many thanks for any ideas.

Edward

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-11_12-53-23.png
    upload_2018-2-11_12-53-23.png
    200.3 KB · Views: 721
Last edited:
Any idea what is causing QOS error?

This was a fresh install of the beta f/w followed by manual reboot, a factory initialize and then hand entry of all the desired settings except QOS. (turned on app analyses on bandwidth monitor and did give High priority to one device though) Worked OK no errors.

Next step turned on QOS and set fq_codel and left preset at 0. Selected Custom and moved VOIP to the highest priority. Hit apply. Then these errors:
View attachment 11943
I imagine this means QOS is not working? Anything we can do settings wise to avoid this? Many thanks for any ideas.

Edward
Its telling you that qos is already working. Check stats page to see if you have pie charts if you do its working.

Its telling you that qos is already working. Check stats page to see if you have pie charts if you do its working.
Maybe you can clarify please? If its a fresh install and QOS was never ON how could it have been working? Or is this something I should just accept and move on? Advice always appreciated. I was thinking maybe I am getting stats that don't really mean anything if QOS failed to start properly.

Yes stats on QOS stats page are appearing right now.

Edward

Maybe you can clarify please? If its a fresh install and QOS was never ON how could it have been working? Or is this something I should just accept and move on? Advice always appreciated. I was thinking maybe I am getting stats that don't really mean anything if QOS failed to start properly.

Yes stats on QOS stats page are appearing right now.

Edward
I believe @RMerlin said its part of Trend Micro code and he has nothing to do with it. I believe he has put a request in for an update on QOS with ASUS. The whole module starts at boot even if you don't use any of the protection.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!