What's new

[ 386.4 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed the latest build 386.4_alpha3-g092f25da96 on my AX86U and everything went smooth.

One minor thing I noticed is that DNS-probing to dns.msftncsi.com suddenly started again every 15 seconds even though I have "DNS Query" disabled under Administration->System->Network Monitoring. I will run the old script to disable it, but maybe something needs to be fixed behind the curtains?!

UPDATE: Noticed the WAN-led turned red when disabling it, so guess I'll have to let the router keep pinging...

Code:
nvram set dns\_probe=0
nvram set dns\_probe_content=
nvram commit

Last edited:
All good here after dirty upgrade from Alpha 2 - HW 1.0 and 1.1

Alpha3.png

Installed the latest build 386.4_alpha3-g092f25da96 on my AX86U and everything went smooth.

One minor thing I noticed is that DNS-probing to dns.msftncsi.com suddenly started again every 15 seconds even though I have "DNS Query" disabled under Administration->System->Network Monitoring. I will run the old script to disable it, but maybe something needs to be fixed behind the curtains?!

UPDATE: Noticed the WAN-led turned red when disabling it, so guess I'll have to let the router keep pinging...

Code:
nvram set dns\_probe=0
nvram set dns\_probe_content=
nvram commit
Good catch!
My router is also furiously pinging that domain.
Network monitoring both “dns query“, & “ping”, have been disabled here since forever.
A puzzlement indeed!:oops:

Good catch!
My router is also furiously pinging that domain.
Network monitoring both “dns query“, & “ping”, have been disabled here since forever.
A puzzlement indeed!:oops:
Ax86u here latest alpha 3 and no DNS pinging issues here. Come from latest stock firmware with full wipe.

Hey @RMerlin

Just reporting an issue with Alpha 3. I noticed a new "Disable 11b" in the WiFi General options as found below.
Once disabled, that's it, it's game over for 802.11b. A hard reset was needed to allow 8011b again, I couldn't re-enable it for the life of me.

1639136123199.png

Last edited:
Thank you for new build(s)!!!

Just loaded new Alpha3 build on my two routers. Most working fine.

Some GUI problem though .

Screenshot 2021-12-10 at 12-18-31 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX86U - AiMesh.png
Screenshot 2021-12-10 at 12-19-05 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX86U - AiMesh.png

The layout was forced before the page was fully loaded. If the style template has not been loaded yet, it may cause a flash of unstyled content. jquery.js: 5: 26533 Some cookies abuse the recommended attribute "SameSite" 3 Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is outdated due to its negative impact on the user experience. For more help, see http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/ jquery.js: 5: 17962
Uncaught ReferenceError: _ap_info is not defined
jQuery 11
nvramGet http://192.168.12.1/js/httpApi.js:60
jQuery 3
onclick http://192.168.12.1/AiMesh.asp:1
jquery.js line 3 > eval:1651:4

Hey @RMerlin

Just reporting an issue with Alpha 3. I noticed a new "Disable 11b" in the WiFi General options as found below.
Once disabled, that's it, it's game over for 802.11b. A hard reset was needed to allow 8011B again, I couldn't re-enable it for the life of me.

View attachment 37699

look for java error on that page (press F12) and post it.

look for java error on that page (press F12) and post it.

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
at chanspec.js:120

At line 120 of the Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp page. I'm sure this is stuff Merlin could pin-point himself

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
at chanspec.js:120

At line 120 of the Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp page. I'm sure this is stuff Merlin could pin-point himself
Yes, probably but why not help him.... ;)

Onfortunately it also seems the new alpha 3 build for the RT-AX88 gives the same warning when trying to install. Upgrading from alpha 2 build. Can you also pleak check the image?
Keep up the good work!
I just upgraded my RT-AX88U about 2 hours ago with Alpha 3 from Alpha 2 and it updated just fine. It certainly sounds like you've installed this before so ignore this if you already know it: Make sure you are unzipping it into a folder first and then pointing the update at the RT-AX88U_386.4_alpha3-g092f25da96_cferom_ubi.w file that you've extracted.

If you are already pointing at that file then maybe you have some sort of issue with how you are unzipping it or something since it is affecting two different device types, seems odd.
AX88U-Image.png

Last edited:
I just upgraded my RT-AX88U about 2 hours ago with Alpha 3 from Alpha 2 and it updated just fine. It certainly sounds like you've installed this before so ignore this if you already know it: Make sure you are unzipping it into a folder first and then pointing the update at the RT-AX88U_386.4_alpha3-g092f25da96_cferom_ubi.w file that you've extracted.

If you are already pointing at that file then maybe you have some sort of issue with how you are unzipping it or something since it is affecting two different device types, seems odd.View attachment 37701
Thank you for the reply. Somehow it did not work well from offside network. When at home i could install correctely :)
Did anyone see or uses wireguard allready? I cant seem to find it in the options or is this still to come (merlin implementation).

Onfortunately the image of alpha 3 gives a problem and error on my GT-AX11000 that the image is not correct and possibly corrupt. I am currently running alpha 2 build. @merlin can you please look into this? Thx for the good work!
Upgrade from Alpha 2 to 3 on my GT-AX11000 went fine with no issues just minutes ago.

Rt-AX88U Alpha 3 the dns no-ip.com not working

Dec 10 13:18:20 watchdog: start ddns.
Dec 10 13:18:20 rc_service: watchdog 1394:notify_rc start_ddns
Dec 10 13:18:20 start_ddns: eth0 has not yet obtained an ipv6 address
Dec 10 13:18:50 watchdog: start ddns.
Dec 10 13:18:50 rc_service: watchdog 1394:notify_rc start_ddns
Dec 10 13:18:50 start_ddns: eth0 has not yet obtained an ipv6 address
Dec 10 13:19:20 watchdog: start ddns.
Dec 10 13:19:20 rc_service: watchdog 1394:notify_rc start_ddns
Dec 10 13:19:20 start_ddns: eth0 has not yet obtained an ipv6 address
Dec 10 13:19:50 watchdog: start ddns.
Dec 10 13:19:50 rc_service: watchdog 1394:notify_rc start_ddns
Dec 10 13:19:50 start_ddns: eth0 has not yet obtained an ipv6 address

Hi,
Dirty Flash my RT-AX88U AiMesh Router from Stock: 3.0.0.4.386_45934-gb23bdac to Merlin: 386.4_alpha3-g092f25da96. Appears to me all is well and good. Thank you.

PS: Oh I just need to setup OpenVPN Server again; specifically Reset OpenVPN setting by clicking the "default" button and setup OpenVPN afresh.

Bitten with disconnected bug in this Alpha3 even if 'net is connected. WPA2/WPA3 encryption could be the cause as it was the latest change I've done.

Rt-AX88U
disconnected.jpg
connected.jpg

Last edited:
Bitten with disconnected bug in this Alpha3 even if 'net is connected. WPA2/WPA3 encryption could be the cause as it was the latest change I've done.

Rt-AX88U
View attachment 37702View attachment 37703
Got the same earlier today (Internet status: Disconnected) Upgraded from alpha 2 to the new alpha 3. Did some reboots but did not help, But then i remembered reading something about it.. "dns.msftnci.com probes"
Had some lines saved in my notepad++
Code:
dns.msftnci.com probes:
To permanently disable the probing enter this into the terminal, probing will stop immediately:
Code:
nvram set dns_probe=0;nvram set dns_probe_content=;nvram commit
To restore it, enter this:
Code:
nvram set dns_probe=0;nvram set dns_probe_content='131.107.255.255 112.4.20.71 fd3e:4f5a:5b81::1';nvram commit
Entered the last line in my ssh client and now the Internet status is good again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!