What's new

[ 386.4 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RMerlin are you able to clarify my question for the 160mhz bw? Would be awesome.
Everything related to wifi is closed source and out of my control.

AFAIK, 160 MHz was never officially supported by this model. If you ever saw it offered, it was most likely a bug, and not working properly.

Are you saying that this build fixed that issue or that I should try it anyway?

Thanks

Can a build not be done just to fix the dnsomatic issue please?
Looks like weeks for a big build update because of an Asus WiFi issue, but dnsomatic is a pain in this build (if you have several hosts and update each one) and don't want to roll back as the alphas are better with WiFi generally on AX86U. I'm not getting Access denied anymore for example with wifi devices reconnecting.

Thanks

Looks like weeks for a big build update because of an Asus WiFi issue, but dnsomatic is a pain in this build (if you have several hosts and update each one) and don't want to roll back as the alphas are better with WiFi generally on AX86U. I'm not getting Access denied anymore for example with wifi devices reconnecting.

Thanks

There in no source code for AX yet.

Last edited:

Thanks
direct your ire at the actual root cause - dns-o-matic itself: https://support.opendns.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/4412306764436-bad-auth

Thanks

Why are you running Alpha code in an environment that can not tolerate a problem? Your testing is helping the community yet you must have a plan B.

Morris

Why are you running Alpha code in an environment that can not tolerate a problem? Your testing is helping the community yet you must have a plan B.

Morris
Because there were issues before like access denied randomly on Wifi and for my parents on Ipv6 there was an issue with Dual WAN. These are home environments not business ones.
I wouldn't normally run an alpha otherwise - there was such a delay between last GA firmware and test ones again because of Asus changing their environment which merlin had to wait for.

I'll have to live with OpenDNS fixing it by looks of it for now because roll back is more problematic as loses fixes done. There are ways round the router updating the DDNS.

hi guys,

excuse if the question has been already asked.
Last version of Merlin firmware is dated August 2021.
Do you know the reason of so much time passed since the last release? is the support discontinued? or other issues happened?
thanks

hi guys,

excuse if the question has been already asked.
Last version of Merlin firmware is dated August 2021.
Do you know the reason of so much time passed since the last release? is the support discontinued? or other issues happened?
thanks
Merlin lost his magical powers briefly. He's been training with Harry Potter and seems to be at about half power again. Once Harry has time to completely finish his spell scribing and passes that on to Merlin I'm sure we'll have new releases again.

Merlin lost his magical powers briefly. He's been training with Harry Potter and seems to be at about half power again. Once Harry has time to completely finish his spell scribing and passes that on to Merlin I'm sure we'll have new releases again.

thanks a lot.
my mistake to think to speak with someone different from a clown

thanks a lot.
my mistake to think to speak with someone different from a clown

He's razzing you because the same question has been asked at least 10 times in this thread alone. Its also been asked many times in several other threads in the ASUS-Merlin forum. And the question has been answered over and over many times.

quick question. Ive noticed perioticly ive had to reboot the router and looking at the logs i'm getting that service restart of wgc which i guess is wireguard according to what i read in the thread earlier. its a lot of pages to go through . I do remember seeing people discussing the presence of wgc entries in nvram. I have those... did we ever determin if they are the cause? should i remove them? i notice the loop starts with a error by dnsmasq not finding a file... i tried changing "wgc_dns=" to wgc_dns=0" but didnt do anything. i was thinking of removing them maybe but idk if i should bother if its already been tried
If you've enabled Merlin user scripts, create or edit a 'services-start' one to add the line:

/usr/sbin/cru d WireGuard

It won't hurt to try to remove a non-existent entry. That will remove the every minute wgc restart thus eliminating the log entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!