What's new

5GHZ SSID switching?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

libertyprime04

New Around Here
So I have a network with an asus rt-ac5300 tri band router, one of the two 5ghz ssid's(5ghz-2) I use exclusively for my desktop computer to keep traffic, latency and every as low as possible for maximum performance, the other 5ghz band and the 2.4 has everything else connected too them. Today I added another dual band asus router to set up an aimesh network, the later dual band router being the mesh node. After setup I realized that the 5ghz ssid it was broadcasting out of the two, and what it was using for the wireless dedicated backend was the 5ghz-2 ssid, so I switched the ssid's making 5ghz-1 the new exclusive ssid with the intent of nothing else being connected too it, I even changed the password and everything involved was reset. To my surprise, somehow, devices that I had set up specifically on the other 5ghz band with an entireley different name and password were somehow populating on that ssid, smart connect is not enabled and I even factory reset the devices and reset them up to be on the other ssid but they still hop over. Am I missing some sort of setting? This is blowing my mind and I cannot figure out how to prevent this or why its even happening. Any help or advice would be appreciated!