What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry if my question was answered somewhere else, but may I ask that do I have to leave SSH enable on the router side after installing AB-solution? Thank you in advance!

I am sorry if my question was answered somewhere else, but may I ask that do I have to leave SSH enable on the router side after installing AB-solution? Thank you in advance!
Yes, if you want to access the AB-Solution GUI, but leave it enabled for LAN only. If you need to remotely access AB-Solution, configure and utilize a VPN -- DO NOT LEAVE ssh ENABLED FOR WAN ACCESS.

Yes, if you want to access the AB-Solution GUI, but leave it enabled for LAN only. If you need to remotely access AB-Solution, configure and utilize a VPN -- DO NOT LEAVE ssh ENABLED FOR WAN ACCESS.

Thank you so much ;)

To expand on @visortgw answer: AB-Solution does not need SSH (or Telnet for those using that protocol) to be enabled once installed.
You can safely disable SSH and then briefly enable it when accessing the AB-Solution UI or other terminal commands.

Edit: Turned off Ai Cloud and all is fine.
Well, at least once that test helped someone.
You can set the listening the port to 9443 if no other app uses it. This is what AB would set it to during installation if found port 443 is used by AiCloud.
Code:
 checking AiCloud/Settings,
 AiCloud Web access port:
 (only relevant when pixelserv-tls is installed)
 AiCloud Web access port set to 443
 pixelserv-tls cannot work when set to port 443
The check router config self-test is not part of the next version. Maybe I'll reconsider.

To expand on @visortgw answer: AB-Solution does not need SSH (or Telnet for those using that protocol) to be enabled once installed.
You can safely disable SSH and then briefly enable it when accessing the AB-Solution UI or other terminal commands.

Thank you very much, @thelonelycoder and @visortgw . I thought that it was one of the prerequisite for AB-Solution when reading through the Install requirements section (https://www.ab-solution.info/install/requirements.html). I am totally clear at the moment and more confident in setting up SSH for the router.

Well, at least once that test helped someone.
You can set the listening the port to 9443 if no other app uses it. This is what AB would set it to during installation if found port 443 is used by AiCloud.
Code:
 checking AiCloud/Settings,
 AiCloud Web access port:
 (only relevant when pixelserv-tls is installed)
 AiCloud Web access port set to 443
 pixelserv-tls cannot work when set to port 443
The check router config self-test is not part of the next version. Maybe I'll reconsider.

Last night was the first time I setup AI cloud.
How can I check what port PS is using and change it to 9443?

Oh, Can I set the AiCloud to 9443 or something else? Or set pixel server to 9443.
I recommend leaving pixelserv-tls on port 443 as changing it to any other port requires port forwarding iptables rules.
Changing the AiCloud port is a matter of typing some numbers into the field and clicking Save...

I recommend leaving pixelserv-tls on port 443 as changing it to any other port requires port forwarding iptables rules.
Changing the AiCloud port is a matter of typing some numbers into the field and clicking Save...
Oh, stared thinking my NAS has port 443 forwarded to it's ip. Should I change it to avoid conflicts with pixelserv? Should I forward 443 to pixelserv ip?

Sent from my SM-G935FD using Tapatalk

Oh, stared thinking my NAS has port 443 forwarded to it's ip. Should I change it to avoid conflicts with pixelserv? Should I forward 443 to pixelserv ip?

Sent from my SM-G935FD using Tapatalk
AiCloud listens on all IP addresses with the assigned port number which is the problem in Lotta's case.
Your port forward is bound to the IP internally and the WAN IP upstream. This causes no conflict.

Got Ab Solution installed and working good except that it is blocking me from accessing and posting on facebook. What do I need to do to resolve? I tried adding facebook.com to the whitelist but that didnt work

Got Ab Solution installed and working good except that it is blocking me from accessing and posting on facebook. What do I need to do to resolve? I tried adding facebook.com to the whitelist but that didnt work
Using the browser or an app?
Try a smaller blocking file, though FB trough the browser works with all blocking file types when I last checked weeks ago.
The f option 1 is also helpful if you want to see what domains are blocked. Pay attention from which IP the request came from, only the device IP you're browsing from is relevant.

Using the browser or an app?
Try a smaller blocking file, though FB trough the browser works with all blocking file types when I last checked weeks ago.
The f option 1 is also helpful if you want to see what domains are blocked. Pay attention from which IP the request came from, only the device IP you're browsing from is relevant.

using the App. F option 1?

Which blocking file are most using?

and one more question after i whitelist a site what else do I need to do because the site is still not connecting after I whitelist it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.