What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I just installed AB-Solution 3.11.2 on my RT-AC68u (Asuswrt-Merlin 384.5).

AB-Solution works for a couple of hours then just blocks all DNS traffic. None of my devices can connect to the internet afterwards.

My devices work again when I disable AB-Solution. AB-Solution works as intended when I reboot the router but cycles through the same issue afterwards.

Anyone know how I might address this? Thanks!

ps. I have tried different blocking file options and encounter the same issue.

Hi everyone. I just installed AB-Solution 3.11.2 on my RT-AC68u (Asuswrt-Merlin 384.5).

AB-Solution works for a couple of hours then just blocks all DNS traffic. None of my devices can connect to the internet afterwards.

My devices work again when I disable AB-Solution. AB-Solution works as intended when I reboot the router but cycles through the same issue afterwards.

Anyone know how I might address this? Thanks!

ps. I have tried different blocking file options and encounter the same issue.

reformat jffs and start again - install using amtm

Trying to upgrade AB-Solution for 2 days already.
It seems the only problem so far is pixelserv-tls not running, everything else works fine.
Look like the proper way to upgrade was to wipe out and reinstall from scratch. :)

Last edited:
No support will be provided for Xvortex due to legal reasons outlined here.

Nope. If you want to manually block IP addresses, Skynet is your best friend.

I know about it but didn't yet tried it, but looks like I'll need to give it a try now.
Thanks though!!

P.S I'm almost sure this feature will be magically available in ABS 4

I'm almost sure this feature will be magically available in ABS 4

I'm ABS-olutely sure it won't :D. AB-Solution isn't about blacklisting IP's, it's about cleverly using hosts files to block traffic from ad-servers (and other nuissances alike). But then again, @thelonelycoder is full of surprises, so I guess we'll just have to patiently wait and see ;)

@thelonelycoder Bro is it possible to add manual blocking IP addresses in blacklist instead of ABS auto popualating?
Remember that AB is an ad-blocker, it blocks domains being resolved to their real-world IP addresses by hijacking that process and use the set blocking IP. This is 0.0.0.0 or the pixelserv-tls IP.
It only works one way: For requests from LAN devices to the routers dnsmasq domain-to-IP resolver.

AB is not and cannot act as a firewall. Skynet is your friend for that.

Remember that AB is an ad-blocker, it blocks domains being resolved to their real-world IP addresses by hijacking that process and use the set blocking IP. This is 0.0.0.0 or the pixelserv-tls IP.
It only works one way: For requests from LAN devices to the routers dnsmasq domain-to-IP resolver.

AB is not and cannot act as a firewall. Skynet is your friend for that.

I understand and I wasn't actually asking about that. All I need is an ability to manually enter IP address in blacklist instead of ABS auto populating that feild. Reason is I need some domains to not divert towards pixelserv-tls IP but want to use 0.0.0.0 for that domains.

But then again, @thelonelycoder is full of surprises, so I guess we'll just have to patiently wait and see ;)
@Adamm and I agree that we keep the two functions and processes separate. Both use their own set of separate software packages, most come preinstalled with the firmware or are installed through our scripts automatically. Entware and pixelserv-tls are part of the software that needs to be installed to allow the blocking of https ads in AB.

I understand and I wasn't actually asking about that. All I need is an ability to manually enter IP address in blacklist instead of ABS auto populating that feild. Reason is I need some domains to not divert towards pixelserv-tls IP but want to use 0.0.0.0 for that domains.
Use /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add for that and make sure the domains are whitelisted in AB so they don't get added to the blocking file.

Use /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add for that and make sure the domains are whitelisted in AB so they don't get added to the blocking file.

Yup currently I'm doing that, I was just making sure if that is possible directly within ABS.

Yup currently I'm doing that, I was just making sure if that is possible directly within ABS.
No, it is and will not be implemented. It would be a confusing addition for most.
What AB4 can do is wildcard domain blocking. domain* or www.domain* requests will redirect to the set blocking IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.