What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem with pixelserv-tls too, but I'm not running openvpn

Code:
hecking pixelserv-tls
 192.168.1.2 responded, looks good
 pixelserv-tls is not running, restarting

Starting pixelserv-tls (AB-Solution)...              failed.
 pixelserv-tls is not running

and syslog only display this error (and I have -l 2 switch added):

Code:
May 30 11:38:39 xxxx: Failed to start pixelserv-tls (AB-Solution) from /tmp/mnt/usb/adblocking/addon/pixelserv-tls.add.

Any help? thanks a lot.
You could perhaps start here:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/p...bserver-for-adblock.26114/page-96#post-406245

and then follow the suggestions I was given over the next couple of pages ans see if any of the kind advice I got is relevant or helpful to you.

I have a problem with pixelserv-tls too, but I'm not running openvpn

Code:
hecking pixelserv-tls
 192.168.1.2 responded, looks good
 pixelserv-tls is not running, restarting

Starting pixelserv-tls (AB-Solution)...              failed.
 pixelserv-tls is not running

and syslog only display this error (and I have -l 2 switch added):

Code:
May 30 11:38:39 xxxx: Failed to start pixelserv-tls (AB-Solution) from /tmp/mnt/usb/adblocking/addon/pixelserv-tls.add.

Any help? thanks a lot.
Remove the -l2 switch first, then disable and enable pixelserv in the AB UI.
This might work.

@thelonelycoder
I'm running syslog-ng and as part of the setup, /tmp/syslog.log is symlink to another file e.g. /opt/var/log/messages

Whenever I enter into the setup screen via ./ab-solution.sh, it seems that the symlink to /tmp/syslog.log gets broken. Through come trial and error, it seems that sed -i under check_ps() broke the symlink

Appreciate your help to look into this

@thelonelycoder
I'm running syslog-ng and as part of the setup, /tmp/syslog.log is symlink to another file e.g. /opt/var/log/messages

Whenever I enter into the setup screen via ./ab-solution.sh, it seems that the symlink to /tmp/syslog.log gets broken. Through come trial and error, it seems that sed -i under check_ps() broke the symlink

You fix your problems, I fix mine. Recommend you check how you add the symlink. AB-Solution does not meddle with the syslog, only send messages to it.

You fix your problems, I fix mine. Recommend you check how you add the symlink. AB-Solution does not meddle with the syslog, only send messages to it.
Actually, I do meddle with the syslog by deleting a testmarker I set.

Let me check if I can port the code I use in AB4 to check if pixelserv is up.
It might not reliably work for older pixelserv-tls versions.

You could perhaps start here:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/p...bserver-for-adblock.26114/page-96#post-406245

and then follow the suggestions I was given over the next couple of pages ans see if any of the kind advice I got is relevant or helpful to you.
Remove the -l2 switch first, then disable and enable pixelserv in the AB UI.
This might work.

It doesn't work :(

I have installed the version 1.0.2o-1 of libopenssl. Could It be the problem?

All the AB4 mentions, are making me "jones". :confused:
You Clark are officially allowed and supposed to post such comments.
Everyone else just grind their teeths, keep up the good spirit and hope for the best.

I have not touched any code at all in weeks. Blame my employer, the number is +41 (area code) (more numbers). Ask for the Boss and tell him to give me a break.
But don't tell him that I already compensate part of the accumulated overtime this week.

Not to mention it, but this relates:
I was at the Roger Waters Concert in Zurich this Monday.
The Wall's "Mother" was performed and I find the final words oddly appropriate to my situation regarding the unmentionable:
Mother, did it need to be so high?

@thelonelycoder

I pushed an update to the server. There is no version change, only the release date changed in s.
Use 1233 in the AB-Solution UI to update all files to the updated version(s).

Along with this small change, I have changed the license of AB-Solution and amtm from the GNU General Public License, version 3.0 (GPL-3.0) to GNU General Public License, version 2.0 (GPL-2.0)

The license is now stated in every downloaded file. The AB-Solution website and the amtm GitHub repository also reflect this.

When using AB-Solution and pixelserv-tls, I need to import the certificate to each device on the network - iPhone, iPad, Andriod phones, macbook pro, windows laptop? - to avoid the invalid certificate error?

Sorry, there are hundreds of pages and I am not 100% clear?

Interesting occurrence - I was trying to open ATP/WTA Live application on IPhone 7. It was blocked. Followed the log file and saw that it tried to open google-analytics.com AND secure.us.imrworldwide.com.
So I entered both in whitelist - reprocessed whitelist and application was still blocked. After a bit of mucking around I found i had to enter www.google-analytics.com to unblock the app. Cheers.

I pushed an update to the server. There is no version change, only the release date changed in s.
Use 1233 in the AB-Solution UI to update all files to the updated version(s).

Along with this small change, I have changed the license of AB-Solution and amtm from the GNU General Public License, version 3.0 (GPL-3.0) to GNU General Public License, version 2.0 (GPL-2.0)

The license is now stated in every downloaded file. The AB-Solution website and the amtm GitHub repository also reflect this.

thanks for the quick fix, have done the update and confirmed that the symlink to /tmp/syslog.log is not broken anymore

cheers!

Last edited:
How can I add multiple URLs of IP block lists to ab-solution?

Edit: I figured it out.

Edit2: Is it allowed to share a custom_hosts_list.txt?

Last edited:
Did anyone manage to find out why we need to disable/enable adblocking to unblock websites, when there are no blocked domains that show up in the logs?

Status
Not open for further replies.