What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a solution to save the old whitelist so we don't have to add them each time we reinstall...such a hassle.

We need a solution to save the old whitelist so we don't have to add them each time we reinstall...such a hassle.
AB-Solution has 'Backup to mail' option 'bu'.
This can be set to backup whatever files you want & can mail them or not as well :)

Does anyone know the command to disable and enable?
I've tried "ab-solution disable" as documented, but it just opens up the CLI

thanks

Does anyone know the command to disable and enable?
I've tried "ab-solution disable" as documented, but it just opens up the CLI

thanks

Where did you see it's documented?
The correct way to disable and enable is open AB-Solution and use "a" switch to toggle it on and off.

that’s upcoming feature in version 4..
Indeed, a very handy feature of a future AB version. Works like a charm here.

Hi

First of all, huge thanks to @thelonelycoder for developing this amazing software.

Just installed AB Solution on Merlin and having problem installing/running pixelserv-tls.

AB-Solution 3.11.2
Merlin fw-384.5
RT-AC68U (armv7l)

During installation, it encountered this error:

Starting pixelserv-tls (AB-Solution)... failed.

I rebooted the router and tried again but with the same result. I then forced the installation anyway but it seems pixelserv-tls is not running when I go to http://ipaddress/servstats

Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Hi.

I am using 3.11.2 (fresh install) on my RT-AC68U.

I have an app on my Ipad from a company called IXL (IXL.com), it is a literacy and maths program, that logs in to profiles on the their website.

I have found that with AB-Solution installed, the app does not work. I have even disabled adblock (in AB's menu) and the app does not work.

I have to fully REMOVE AB-Solution before the app can work. Other stuff like App store works.

I am curious as to what could be blocking it, like I said, even with the Ad blocker disabled (But still installed) it doesn't work, until I UNINSTALL AB-Solution.

I did also try adding a whitelist entry to IXL.com, doesnt work. It says it isn't being blocked, but added it any way.

Hi.

I am using 3.11.2 (fresh install) on my RT-AC68U.

I have an app on my Ipad from a company called IXL (IXL.com), it is a literacy and maths program, that logs in to profiles on the their website.

I have found that with AB-Solution installed, the app does not work. I have even disabled adblock (in AB's menu) and the app does not work.

I have to fully REMOVE AB-Solution before the app can work. Other stuff like App store works.

I am curious as to what could be blocking it, like I said, even with the Ad blocker disabled (But still installed) it doesn't work, until I UNINSTALL AB-Solution.

I did also try adding a whitelist entry to IXL.com, doesnt work. It says it isn't being blocked, but added it any way.
You can use the follow the log file option to see if AB-Solution is blocking access to the site. Turning off AB-Solution should allow access. Do you also have Skynet installed? That may also prevent access to certain sites. Do you have AI-Protection enabled?

I had a strange one the other day at a site I support. YouTube was blocked despite having youtube.com and www.youtube.com in the whitelist. I disabled ABS, I could then access the site. I enabled ABS, and the site was not blocked.:eek:

You can use the follow the log file option to see if AB-Solution is blocking access to the site. Turning off AB-Solution should allow access. Do you also have Skynet installed? That may also prevent access to certain sites. Do you have AI-Protection enabled?

I had a strange one the other day at a site I support. YouTube was blocked despite having youtube.com and www.youtube.com in the whitelist. I disabled ABS, I could then access the site. I enabled ABS, and the site was not blocked.:eek:

I do have AI protection active, to block / allow device access from the Internet, under Time Scheduling, but at the time, that was not in effect because Apple App Store was working.

Starting pixelserv-tls (AB-Solution)... failed.
Look at the Syslog, it will have entries pertaining to pixelserv.
Post these.

I have a problem with pixelserv-tls too, but I'm not running openvpn

Code:
hecking pixelserv-tls
 192.168.1.2 responded, looks good
 pixelserv-tls is not running, restarting

Starting pixelserv-tls (AB-Solution)...              failed.
 pixelserv-tls is not running

and syslog only display this error (and I have -l 2 switch added):

Code:
May 30 11:38:39 xxxx: Failed to start pixelserv-tls (AB-Solution) from /tmp/mnt/usb/adblocking/addon/pixelserv-tls.add.

Any help? thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.