What's new

AC3200 gets slow on wired connection. Fast after reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AsusNJ

New Around Here
Anyone else have the problem where after a few weeks or some period of time the AC3200 gets slow on the wired ethernet line and requires a reboot to speed things up?

This is the 2nd time this happened. One of the sites I frequent often was taking about 2 or 3 seconds to start loading and then finished in 5 or 7 seconds lazily. This site used to load instant and complete loading in 2 to 3 seconds.

I figured I would just reboot it and see if it fixed it and it did, instantly. Not sure if something overheating or running out of memory over time. Any ideas?

Running latest version Asus firmware.

Not running out of memory. I had this too. Seems to be worse lately with 378.9xxx firmware. Put it aside and got a 5300, which does fine. I suspect they'll fix it sometime in the next few months, then I can bring it back out of retirement for a secondary network.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I do not notice any slow downs , using latest Merlin and previous 378 on 2nd 3200 . One has been running over 2 months no reboots the other 3 weeks no reboots

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!