What's new

AC5300 New Firmware 3.0.0.4.380.7266

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Find the Door

Hi guys - looks like ASUS released a new update on 02/15/2017. Glad to see we're still getting support on this.

Change log:

Bug fixed
- Fixed Android phone tethering mode detecting issue in quick internet setup process.
- Fixed PPPoE related issue.
- Fixed client rename issue in network map.
- Fixed network tool issues.
- Fixed wake on lan issues.

Modification
- Added automatic standby mode for CE Ecodesign directive.

Link: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC5300/FW_RT_AC5300_30043807266.ZIP?_ga=1.39980002.136516805.1485582437

I've yet to install and am currently using Merlin .65 at the moment. I'm off work at 5:30 PM Pacific and will give it a test run then.

Just a warning, if you like your router to be online, don't install this update :)
It drops the wan connections in intervals of a few hours, nothing in the log, just loses the connection with the modem (bridged modem)
Pressing "Use" in the WAN menu makes it connect again, but this repeats it self all the time :/

This might be the "CE Ecodesign" kicking in, LOL

Rolled back to 4180 and WAN is stabel again..

Regards
Spawn

I installed on mine and it is working fine, I haven't noticed any issue with WAN disconnections

It just drops the connection to the bridged modem, nothing write'n in the system log, and on the status page it looks like it's still connected.
all devices connected to the router loses it's connection to the internet..

/Spawn

Just a warning, if you like your router to be online, don't install this update :)
It drops the wan connections in intervals of a few hours, nothing in the log, just loses the connection with the modem (bridged modem)
Pressing "Use" in the WAN menu makes it connect again, but this repeats it self all the time :/

This might be the "CE Ecodesign" kicking in, LOL

Rolled back to 4180 and WAN is stabel again..

Regards
Spawn

Having the VERY same issue on my 88u. Funny thing, I immediately assumed it had something to do with that stand by mode mentioned in firmware update to.

Has Asus acknowledge this as a problem? Are they working on a fix or??'
Can I just release old firmware and restore settings or what is the easiest way to safely go back!?

For those with the WAN issues did you do a factory reset (or 'nvram erase' via telnet or SSH) after updating your firmware and then reconfiguring the router (I did a 'nvram erase' myself)? I noticed on this version of the firmware my MU-MIMO was enabled by default (still showing in alpha on the GUI) so I went ahead and disabled it (mainly because I had a few wifi devices acting a bit strange). They stopped acting up after disabling it. Does anyone recall if the previous firmware defaulted to MU-MIMO being enabled?

For those with the WAN issues did you do a factory reset (or 'nvram erase' via telnet or SSH) after updating your firmware and then reconfiguring the router (I did a 'nvram erase' myself)? I noticed on this version of the firmware my MU-MIMO was enabled by default (still showing in alpha on the GUI) so I went ahead and disabled it (mainly because I had a few wifi devices acting a bit strange). They stopped acting up after disabling it. Does anyone recall if the previous firmware defaulted to MU-MIMO being enabled?
I believe it's been enabled automatically for some time. Are you not experiencing this issue?

If so I'll go ahead and install tonight.

I've only had it installed for about an hour and no WAN issue like others are describing (yet anyway - probably too soon to tell). I was however noticing one of my devices having issues (4k FireTV watching Twitch that was buffering quite a bit even after rebooting it) that appears to have been resolved after shutting off MU-MIMO.

Any solutions to this issue? I see some say disable UPnP and other say disable MUMIMO...neither of which solve the problem for me.

Any solutions to this issue? I see some say disable UPnP and other say disable MUMIMO...neither of which solve the problem for me.

I haven't had the WAN issues at all. I have, however, been having increased buffering in the Twitch app on my FireTV. I noticed that after turning off QoS it is pretty much back to normal.

I recall someone talking about the bandwidth limiter being broken right now so I'm wondering if QoS is hosed as well.

As of right now I have MU-MIMO, Airtime Fairness and QoS turned off. I haven't taken the time to turn the other two back on and leave QoS off to see if it is solved by QoS only. If I keep having issues I guess I'll throw UPnP in the mix as well.

Is Asus starting to loose it? I upgraded to this firmware and the WiFi on my RT-AC5300 became pretty much unusable. All WiFi clients would loose WAN connectivity all the time. Took only about 15 min before it was dropped and I had to manually disable and re-enable WiFi to get Internet Access back. This happened on 2x Windows laptops, 2x iPads, 2x iPhones and a Samsung Galaxy phone...

It's not only this firmware, the previous one also had similar problems but then it would happen like 2-3 times per week. Not all the freaking time. Disabling Smart Connect did not solve it for me. Had to do a NVRAM erase and flash Asus Merlin 380.65 and everything is back to normal.

Whats going on with the quality control??

Disable Airtime Fairness.

Is Asus starting to loose it? I upgraded to this firmware and the WiFi on my RT-AC5300 became pretty much unusable. All WiFi clients would loose WAN connectivity all the time. Took only about 15 min before it was dropped and I had to manually disable and re-enable WiFi to get Internet Access back. This happened on 2x Windows laptops, 2x iPads, 2x iPhones and a Samsung Galaxy phone...

It's not only this firmware, the previous one also had similar problems but then it would happen like 2-3 times per week. Not all the freaking time. Disabling Smart Connect did not solve it for me. Had to do a NVRAM erase and flash Asus Merlin 380.65 and everything is back to normal.

If we switch switch to Merlin from stock. Can we go back to stock at a later time? I seem to recall there was a issue, but my memory is about as good as the WAN disconnects (nobody around to reset me!)

I got sick of the buffering I was getting in Twitch on my FireTV (and other quirky issues) and rolled back to 4180 and it is back to working perfectly again. I guess I'll wait to see how bad ... err good their next attempt is.

I got sick of the buffering I was getting in Twitch on my FireTV (and other quirky issues) and rolled back to 4180 and it is back to working perfectly again. I guess I'll wait to see how bad ... err good their next attempt is.

Thanks.
I will stick to the prior version - 3.0.0.4.380.4180 - for now then (rock solid).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!