What's new

AC66U – DHCP Private & Guest Networks

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

aleph-1

New Around Here
Hi All,

I have started to use Pihole to block internet adverts. Pihole also has an ability to be the DHCP server which I have enabled for a number of reasons, (and disabled the RT-AC66U DHCP server)

This set up works great on the private network, but not for the guest network. This is because “Access Intranet” is set of “Off”, I need this from a security requirement. Obviously, the users on the guest network can’t access the DHCP server… so the guest network is useless, because these users never get assigned an IP address.

What I need it that the guest network can access the DHCP server on the private network, but no other devices on the private network are visible to the guest network

Does Merlin’s firmware enable this securely? If not, could Merlin’s firmware made to do this? Or can anyone suggest a work around?

any thoughts or comments ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!