What's new

AC68U firewall - not allowed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Turgut Kalfaoglu

Regular Contributor
When I tried to enter a rule into the firewall, it's giving me an error, but it's a valid local address -- not given by the DHCP tho.. It's a static address.
I even entered the MAC and the IP as a "Manually Assigned IP" into the DHCP server, and assigned the 192.168.1.191 to it.. But the firewall still won't accept that rule..
See photo..

I just upgraded it too to the latest version, no luck..
RT-AC68U
Current Version : 386.11

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230518_214350.png
    Screenshot_20230518_214350.png
    178.4 KB · Views: 72
Update -- it worked when I omitted the local IP.. I assume I need to put the local IP in the Virtual Server table.

Update -- it worked when I omitted the local IP.. I assume I need to put the local IP in the Virtual Server table.

If you want to filter an IPv4 IP you have to do it under "network services filter" for outbound, or set a port forwarding rule for inbound. If you look at the section you were trying to use, it is the IPv6 inbound firewall.

If you added a rule with no local IP you're allowing all inbound IPv6 traffic on that port, I would remove that immediately.