What's new

AC68U, Merlin 386.10: incorrect "NVRAM usage"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rivera

Occasional Visitor
Starting from 386.10 I see a weird value for the "NVRAM usage":

1680785100054.png

i.e. it is more than possible.

The slightly inaccurate number being reported is not something that's new in 386.10, it's been like that for years (at least as far back as the 374.x releases). You're probably only noticing it now because of the reported problems with increased NVRAM usage in 386.10.

Thanks for the reply.
Looking forward for a possible fix with the increased usage of NVRAM then...

Starting from 386.10 I see a weird value for the "NVRAM usage":
Use the forum search feature and search for NVRAM. There are a number of recent discussions on the RT-AC68U and NVRAM with RMerlin explaining elsewhere the low NVRAM issue RT-AC68U users are facing and some things he's looking at to try and address or remedy the issue. For example see this discussion. Currently the first thing to do when the NVRAM is that high (or a weird value) is to perform a hard factory reset and manually configure the router (do not import a saved router cfg file). If NVRAM continues to be an issue then, if one has manual DHCP IP address reservations, use YazDHCP or move those manual reservations to a separate file (dnsmasq.conf.add). Beyond that there are some other suggestions to run various commands/scripts to clear various NVRAM values or entries to free up the NVRAM. However those commands or scripts typically don't survive reboot and may introduce other issues.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!