What's new

Advice for network monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bmn1

I am using the newest firmware on my brand new AC66U. Out of the box the device and Merlin seem great.

I like the network monitoring feature especially. We have approx 18 wireless devices on the network and it immediately made it apparent something is using about 200kb/s of upstream. Is there any software that can filter the traffic by MAC address? It's great to know its there but it falls short when it comes to using that information to do anything useful.

I am using the newest firmware on my brand new AC66U. Out of the box the device and Merlin seem great.

I like the network monitoring feature especially. We have approx 18 wireless devices on the network and it immediately made it apparent something is using about 200kb/s of upstream. Is there any software that can filter the traffic by MAC address? It's great to know its there but it falls short when it comes to using that information to do anything useful.

IPTraffic in Asuswrt-Merlin will let you track the traffic per device (however it's by IP rather than by MAC - shouldn't be a problem as DHCP leases tend to reuse the same IP most of the time). Read the included README-merlin.txt for information on how to configure it.