What's new

Advice on home network - House

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Fosil

New Around Here
Hi everyone!

I am right now renovating and it is almost done - I am now looking for some help regarding the home networking of the house.
The house is 2200sqft, the upper level is built with plasterboard for walls - so no concrete there.
The lowerlevel is concrete - and here I am stacking up my office (Kontor in the floorplan), with gaming and workspace intended. Here I am going to have my "mancave" and primarly getting my NAS, PC, TV with cable instead of wifi - But still put one mesh in the downstair in the centre.

I have twisted and turned looking over gadgets of all shape and color, I am now more confused than ever.

The upper level have three ethernet ports connected, I was thinking that I would get a mesh setup for the upperlevel of the house and that is my first question, I am looking at wifi 6 meshes and in need of advice. What do you guys have at home, something you can recommend?

I have been looking at Ubiquiti dream machine with their switch and wifi 6 AP's - feels kinda over the top because I landed at over 2000$.

Summarized questions:
  • Advice on what router to have?
    • No need for wifi routers
  • Advice on what switch to have?
    • POE maybe?
  • Advice on what AP to have?
    • POE, Wi-fi 6, triband?

Upper-Level
cUipYrV.png

Lower-Level (Here is where the fiber comes in the house.

P44hEKM.png

Read few pages latest posts of this SNB member - he already shared professional advice in similar threads. If you don't understand what you read, perhaps hiring a company to do your network is the best way to go. What is your level of networking knowledge?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!