What's new

Aimesh with AC88U and AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Helder Santos

Regular Contributor
Hello,

First thanks for the great work on the Asuswrt-Merlin.

Second I plan to use an AC88U running the latest 383.14.0 firmware with an AC86U that will
also have 383.14.0. When it says that I need to factory default... Both need to be factory reset??
Or only the AC86U that i'm adding to the Aimesh node?

I'm asking since on my AC88U I have over 30 devices with Assigned IP address. Didn't want to redo
the whole setup.

Thanks

Helder

Hello,

First thanks for the great work on the Asuswrt-Merlin.

Second I plan to use an AC88U running the latest 383.14.0 firmware with an AC86U that will
also have 383.14.0. When it says that I need to factory default... Both need to be factory reset??
Or only the AC86U that i'm adding to the Aimesh node?

I'm asking since on my AC88U I have over 30 devices with Assigned IP address. Didn't want to redo
the whole setup.

Thanks

Helder
Use this utility dhcp host static list, then reset your routers and use the utility to reinstall dhcp static list.

You definitely what the 86U as the main router. It is far superior to the 88U!
Will be well worth the small hassle of resetting both units and starting fresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You definitely what the 86U as the main router. It is far superior to the 88U!
Will be well worth the small hassle of resetting both units and starting fresh.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly I can't switch the 88U since I use the 8 ports on it for my NAS drives and other tools.
The 88U is next to my Fiber Modem. The 86U will be setup on the 1st floor on my house.

Can I copy the result files to USB and move it to another Router? Then Restore? Both with Merlin.
Actual Router AC88U --moving to --> AX88U
Thanks
I have not done that yet, though my understanding is that it should work. You should ask in that thread to make certain.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!