What's new

[alpha] Early preview builds for Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my lan connected devices is reporting that it's setup as Static when I do not have this option enabled. Also my iphone says it's a wired connection. How could these minor issue been over looked, even asus missed it for that matter this far into the game! anyways please fix thx

upload_2017-3-20_5-18-53.png

upload_2017-3-20_4-49-29.png

Last edited:
If I wanted to add a manual assigned IP to a device I get this issue; anyway too allow spaces in the names?

upload_2017-3-20_5-15-23.png

upload_2017-3-20_5-15-41.png

Last edited:
One of my lan connected devices is reporting that it's setup as Static when I do not have this option enabled. Also my iphone says it's a wired connection. How could these minor issue been over looked from you ppl and even asus for that matter this far into the game! anyways please fix thx

View attachment 8795

View attachment 8792

1) this is an alpha preview not a release. If you have an issue report it and ask for advice.

2) this is FREE firmware provided by Merlin at his expense , I suggest you drop the attitude and show some respect.

One of my lan connected devices is reporting that it's setup as Static when I do not have this option enabled. Also my iphone says it's a wired connection. How could these minor issue been over looked from you ppl and even asus for that matter this far into the game! anyways please fix thx

View attachment 8795

View attachment 8792
Do you have two routers setup with wifi?, if your iphone is connected to the wifi of the second router it will show up as wired on the first.

IPs will show as "static" if you just rebooted your router, and those clients are still living off past leases. The router has no way of knowing if those are past leases or truly static IPs, until those leases get actively renewed by the clients. This is normal.

IPs will show as "static" if you just rebooted your router, and those clients are still living off past leases. The router has no way of knowing if those are past leases or truly static IPs, until those leases get actively renewed by the clients. This is normal.

I never rebooted the router, odd that it's showing that. routers been up for days. All my devices have been connecting and disconnecting and being used for days without a reboot.

I did a test and flashed the newest stock fw back (Version:3.0.0.4.380_7266) and I'm not getting the errors in the logs, also the router has not dropped the wan, and the USB3 port and hdd is back to being fast, 70mb/s from and about 50mb/s to. A question on the speed, why is uploading alot slower?

Last edited:
Do you have two routers setup with wifi?, if your iphone is connected to the wifi of the second router it will show up as wired on the first.

this is my only router where everything connects too, so I'm not sure why it's doing that.

Last edited:
1) this is an alpha preview not a release. If you have an issue report it and ask for advice.

2) this is FREE firmware provided by Merlin at his expense , I suggest you drop the attitude and show some respect.

Mr. AndreiV

1). about the part of posting the issues, isn't that the point "to report the bugs"; that's exactly why I posted this in here!!!
And yes I tried the newest "stable" release too, and it does the same things. I'm sure he wants to know so he can look at it.

2). I was messing around with this router all night trying everything for hours, keeps rebooting the wan on top of all the other issues going on, so I was frustrated.
Too bad we can't speak in person. I'm available over the phone if you want. PM me and I will call if you give me your contact info.

BTW I did make a thread on the issue at the same time a posted in here -> https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac1900p-error-logs.38142/

Last edited:
RT-AC3200 things look like everything is working fine. Found this error in the log after initial reboot:

Aug 1 02:00:12 kernel: _ Reboot message ... _______________________________________________________
Aug 1 02:00:12 kernel: <1>Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer derefere�U�at virtual address 00000000
Aug 1 02:00:12 kernel: <1>p: 17 [#1] PREEMPT SMP
Aug 1 02:00:12 kernel: <0>last sy11927
Aug 1 02:00:12 kernel: <4>module: emf bf01d000 48925
Aug 1 02:00:12 kernel: <4>module: ctf bf000000P) ctf(P) [last unloaded: IDP]
Aug 1 02:00:12 kernel: < psr: a0000093
Aug 1 02:00:12 kernel: <4>sp : cf81feb8 : 00000360 r1 : cf81fed8 r0 :ack: (0xcf81feb8 to 0xcf820000)
Aug 1 02:00:12 kernel: b72434 c00504fc 5f306c77 006e636: 401b2c30 beb72434 beb72434 00000003 beb726a4 beb72640 00000000 000aa955
Aug 1 02:00:12 kernel: <0>ffe0: 401b2c58 beb7] (dev_nvram_read+0x6c/0x180)
Aug 1 02:00:12 kernel: <4>[<c00504fc>] (dev_nvram_read+0xsyscall+0x0/0x30)
Aug 1 02:00:12 kernel: <0>Code: e5c43
Aug 1 02:00:12 kernel: ____________________________________________________________________________
upon reboot I found a lot of errors like this:

Aug 1 02:00:12 kernel: m/memory.c:216: bad pmd 80e1140e.
Aug 1 02:00:12 kernel: <4>mm/memory.c:216: bad pmd 8101140e.​

Resetted to factory settings and these errors went away

Last edited:
I switched the hardware AC1900P today as I even had rebooting on wan with stock fw loaded. It would just disconnect from the net randomly. So far with the replacement it hasn't done it. I'm running the stock fw that it came with out of the box as a test. The version loaded is not even listed on the support page lol

After 14 days of use, honestly I have to say that this 380.66_alpha2 sounds better than 380.65_2 in my RT-AC68U.

AC5300
After 2 days the Web-Interface of the router is not reachable anymore, but the router is working normal. after OFF/ON everything works fine again

I first turned off airtime fairness in build 65 to see if it would have untowed effects. It did not. I then installed the 66 alpha 2 build. Everything seems fine. I have been able to scan wirelessly from my brother MFC, and my sonos works well in wifi mode. Thanks for whomever it was that discovered airtime fairness was the issue!

That was all @RMerlin. He asked me to try disabling airtime fairness on the new stock firmware and it seemed to correct the general wifi flakiness.

Tips.
Instead to disable "Airtime Fairness", that I rather think it is very useful, try to adjust the wireless power for one or both bands (Wireless - Professional - Tx power adjustment), from "Performance" to "Good" or, even better, to "Balance" or "Fair".

Since I adjusted the wireless power, I never had wifi disconnections, the wifi network is absolutely stable, rock solid.

This "tip" also works with earlier firmware versions for those who have disconnection problems of some devices (such printers) from network wifi, or unstable network.
Tx power adjustment.jpg

AC 5300
Web-Interface of the router is not reachable anymore on daily basis, router is working normal. After Off/ON the router rebooted into recovery mode. There I had to press the reboot button so that the router rebooted normally.
Downgraded to 380.65_2

This one is weird. I up dated to the alpha 2 software on my 88U. Last night, at 1am, my sonos speaker went off with a very loud alarm. I had no alarms set, and when I do they are music. I spoke to sonos, and they think it might be something genearting UPN traffic, but all of my IoT devices have been installed for six months, with no incidents. The only change I've made recently is this firmware upgrade.Is there any chance it is causing the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.