What's new

[alpha] Early preview builds for Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know how to update gettext on ubuntu 14.04 the latest nano update requires an update
i have set n for nano for now

Alpha 3 is working well on my AC-3100 as well. Having its own binary blobs and wireless driver in this release might be one of the reasons.

fe27c86 Provide separate binary blobs and wireless driver for AC3100 as they're not entirely identical to the AC88 ones

Just installed alpha 3 in my recently purchased RT3100 (It was giving me 5GHz instability porblems with teh stock fw, dropping 5Ghz frequently) not sure if this will solve it, but the first thing I noticed is that I cannot see the radio temperatures. This is what I see:

upload_2017-4-13_21-3-30.png

Is this normal?

Have you tried Factory to default the router and reconfig?,or wait until someone with a 3100 can answer. :)

Hmm...I'm a bit reluctant to try to factory reset again (I did after installing) while I'm still testing stability.... it seems it's holding up for now. However if more people report that this should not be the case I will definitely try a factory reset

If you recently purchased the router, it could be that you have the latest chipset and it is still not supported by the current development SDK. You have to be patient and wait for the correct firmware from Merlin. Otherwise install the Asus firmware and see if that does support your chipset.

If you recently purchased the router, it could be that you have the latest chipset and it is still not supported by the current development SDK. You have to be patient and wait for the correct firmware from Merlin. Otherwise install the Asus firmware and see if that does support your chipset.
Thank you bobiii. Yes, that explains it the router is a couple of days old. I have been running the alpha3 for 6 horus now and, so far, it is very stable (I was having problems with the stock Asus fw and the stability of the 5GHz radio, fingers crossed) So far the alpha is stable, and working properly except for the temperature-not-being-displayed issue.

I performed an additional factory reset after a short 5Ghz disconnection. Now the temperature works well:

upload_2017-4-14_1-56-55.png

Hoping the 5Ghz becomes stable now. i would love to find out what setting in particular is making my radio unstable in the 5ghz band

Have you tried disabling airtime fairness on both bands?

Good reminder for us all. This is a common problem since the 380.65 release with WIFI printers. Turning off airtime fairness is the solution for the printer issue.

I performed an additional factory reset after a short 5Ghz disconnection. Now the temperature works well:

View attachment 9038

Hoping the 5Ghz becomes stable now. i would love to find out what setting in particular is making my radio unstable in the 5ghz band
I reset mine twice back to back and can't get the radio temps on my unit to show only the cpu shows.

Yes I have. I am starting to suspect that in the A5 hardware update they did something wong with the AC3100. I don't have any weird settings on and I deactivated airtime fairness in all bands. yet I lose 5Ghz every couple of hours or so. I will likely take it back to the store and get another model.

Has Asus finalized bandwidth limiting in the wifi only settings, be it guest or the normal 2g/5g settings? has it been implented into the gui yet or will it soon?

And with this method?
Press the WPS button (on Asus routers), then turn on the router. Wait about 10-15 seconds(til power led flash rapidly), then release the WPS button.It will clear Nvram,and you need to reconfig from scratch.
I'm done playing around with it for now and have left it on 380.65_2 with the reboot scheduler enabled at regular intervals.

Just noticed an issue in the latest alpha on the AC3100. Have a 6/.5 ADSL connection here, and while toying with the Adaptive QOS, I found that you can no longer use decimal format for Manual Upload/Download bandwidth. Error says "Please enter a value between 1 to 9999999999". Flashed back to the latest Asus Firmware (7266) and it seemed to accept the decimal value fine. (reflash/reset/repeat)

Just noticed an issue in the latest alpha on the AC3100. Have a 6/.5 ADSL connection here, and while toying with the Adaptive QOS, I found that you can no longer use decimal format for Manual Upload/Download bandwidth. Error says "Please enter a value between 1 to 9999999999". Flashed back to the latest Asus Firmware (7266) and it seemed to accept the decimal value fine. (reflash/reset/repeat)
Latest Asus firmware, 7378, has this as well. Not too good for us who have less than 1 MBPS upload! Although the QOS seems to work OK.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Latest Asus firmware, 7378, has this as well. Not too good for us who have less than 1 MBPS upload! Although the QOS seems to work OK.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

have you tried putting "1" in the upload speed box?

Floating number validation was broken in GPL 7366, I just backported a fix from 382_10766.

Status
Not open for further replies.