What's new

AMTM on AX88u PRO - Failed installation of packages

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Stierthuh69

New Around Here
Relative Newby question: I recently upgraded to a AX88u PRO router and installed Merlin 388.4. I have a 64TB USB 3.0 disk attached and formatted accordingly. AMTM command runs fine and diversion and reboot schedular have been succesfully installed. However other packages seem to fail their installation. I am particular interested in YazFi but I only get the error message "YazFi Installation failed". Nothing basically happens when I try. I tried installing YazFi through AMTM UI and through a command line that I found on this forum. Also I turned the VPN off during installation, but no different result.

Similar result for FLEXQoS.

My old router was the AC88u but it died recently after years of stable and good service. On this router an older version of merlin was running (don't know which one) and YazFi was installed and in use.

Hence my question: is the AX88u Pro still too new for all these extra features or am I doing something wrong myself?

Any help or feedback on this matter is very much appreciated!

See if you can ping raw.githubusercontent.com from the router, and that the router’s clock is synced to the correct time.

I wonder if the router can handle a 64TB (bloomin' hooj) ssd. Does it have it's own power or are you powering via USB? Have you tried with something smaller? Surely 64TB is 63.9TB wasted space?

Any help or feedback on this matter is very much appreciated!
YazFi will run on a "Pro" series router (see my sig line). You may want to provide more information.
When you installed Merlin did you do a hard factory reset and manual reconfiguration?
When configuring the AX88U Pro did you import a previously saved router configuration file?
If so from what previous firmware version and was it from a different Asus router?
Have you tried running the AMTM update command from the SSH AMTM CLI?
Does AMTM still fail to install YazFi if you do not have the USB drive attached? (YazFi does not require or use an attached USB drive.)
Completely disable the VPN and try again if you haven't done so already.
Install YazFi outside of AMTM if you haven't done so already to see if it similarly fails.
Installation
Using your preferred SSH client/terminal, copy and paste the following command, then press Enter:
Code:
/usr/sbin/curl -fsL --retry 3 "https://jackyaz.io/YazFi/master/install/YazFi.sh" -o /jffs/scripts/YazFi && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/YazFi && /jffs/scripts/YazFi install
Please then follow instructions shown on-screen. An explanation of the settings is provided in the FAQs

I wonder if the router can handle a 64TB (bloomin' hooj) ssd. Does it have it's own power or are you powering via USB? Have you tried with something smaller? Surely 64TB is 63.9TB wasted space?
Thanks for your suggestion. As FYI, the disk came from my old router, the AC88u (the one that died). On this router all program worked from this same disk. The disk was formatted in AMTM after I bought the new AX88u Pro router. in anway, i'll have to see if I can find another (smaller) disk per your suggestion, try this out and feedback here tomorrow

YazFi will run on a "Pro" series router (see my sig line). You may want to provide more information.
When you installed Merlin did you do a hard factory reset and manual reconfiguration?
When configuring the AX88U Pro did you import a previously saved router configuration file?
If so from what previous firmware version and was it from a different Asus router?
Have you tried running the AMTM update command from the SSH AMTM CLI?
Does AMTM still fail to install YazFi if you do not have the USB drive attached? (YazFi does not require or use an attached USB drive.)
Completely disable the VPN and try again if you haven't done so already.
Install YazFi outside of AMTM if you haven't done so already to see if it similarly fails.
Thanks for your reply and help. I tried to answer as accurate as possible.

Note that I checked that the routers firewall and AI protection is off during testing.

When you installed Merlin did you do a hard factory reset and manual reconfiguration? Yes. For as far as manual configuration goes, basic installation of the router on my network as the main router, i enabled the addional wifi channels, and openened the router for SSH/JSSF but that is about all I changed in the settings so far. The rest are all still standard.

When configuring the AX88U Pro did you import a previously saved router configuration file? No, started everything from zero. I didn't save a settings file (newby error, lessons learned) for the AC88u

If so from what previous firmware version and was it from a different Asus router? I can't remember the exact firmare version that was on the AC88u. It was likely a Merlin version that I installed roughly about 6 months ago.

Have you tried running the AMTM update command from the SSH AMTM CLI? If you mean after I SSH'd into router and after command AMTM and then option 'u': yes. All packages are up to date. AMTM is 3.8. If this is not what you meant, could you clarify it as I am not that famiiar with all of this (yet) ;-)

Does AMTM still fail to install YazFi if you do not have the USB drive attached? (YazFi does not require or use an attached USB drive.) I tried from the command line you provided, with and without the USB attached, VPN off and on. Both USB options don't seem to do anything and the command shell brought me back to the root position similar as after I SSH'd into the router

Completely disable the VPN and try again if you haven't done so already. Did, no change unfortunately. Also used different VPN servers in different countries, but without result

Install YazFi outside of AMTM if you haven't done so already to see if it similarly fails. I assume you mean to use the code line you provided from the routers root directory after SSH into the router? If so, I did this and it didn't work. Brings me back to the routers root directory

I only started to explore the AMTM and other features about a year ago and really appreciate the help and the time that you take to support me.

As additional info but I am not sure if this matters: I use the M1 Macbook pro-max with MacOS and windows installed (parallels) to access my router. In my testing I use the MacOS terminal app, an app called termius and also tried all off the above actions with Putty in Windows.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!