What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It’s not a bug, the same script is used for any new version, once kvic says there is a new version you can update it via this option.
Yes, it just updates to the latest beta. No selection is given to use an older beta version, which is the correct way to do it.

I must be doing something wrong because the script disappears every time the router reboots. I don't have that problem with other scripts, like ab-solution.sh.

Any suggestions?

I must be doing something wrong because the script disappears every time the router reboots. I don't have that problem with other scripts, like ab-solution.sh.

Any suggestions?
Did you install amtm?
It installs to /jffs/scripts/amtm and you can start it with:
Code:
/jffs/scripts/amtm
If /opt/bin is present, which is the case if Entware is installed, you can simply then start with:
Code:
amtm
But amtm will have said so anyway during install.

Although there is no version change for lack of new features in amtm, @Adamm and I are occasionally update the GitHub repo with small changes.
Version 0.3 will be due after I release the current AB-Solution 3.10.1 beta version in the release channel.

you're really moving forward at a good clip with this!
without trying to minimize ab-solution or the merlin firmware itself, this script really makes a router hum along like a very well oiled machine by pulling everything together and making it easy to stay on top of. what's super amazing is that this is a side gig/passion project for everyone...

Done and pushed, thanks.

@thelonelycoder Feature request. Any way to add the nvram-save utility by @john9527 into the menu. I'm thinking auto install if it can be. This is one of the best scripts out there for us. I'll let this sink in a bit before I elaborate. ;)

@thelonelycoder Feature request. Any way to add the nvram-save utility by @john9527 into the menu. I'm thinking auto install if it can be. This is one of the best scripts out there for us. I'll let this sink in a bit before I elaborate. ;)
That tools is definitely worth to consider. Although its the UI is a bit sparse, amtm would have to lean way over the fence into @john9527 territory.
I hope ol'9527s dog is of the friendly sort.

What a great tool amtm is. I just had a complete fck-up with my LAN, don't ask, it's embarrassing.
Anyway, I used the opportunity to setup my primary router from scratch.
What a great help this little tool was. Had everything up and running in no time.
I can highly recommend using amtm :D

I concur It is a great tool. Takes the best tools and centralises them. The script writers should stay somewhat together to re-enforce the use of these scripts for security reasons at the very least. @Adamm and @thelonelycoder I have a disk check pre-mount script that would be nice to include as well. The disk check is very important. These swaps we are creating are not being gracefully dismounted before total reboot. This little disk check makes sure your usb stick is ok. Without it I fear lots of drive corruption. I lost three usb drives working out what file system to use and found this pre-mount script. Have not lost a drive since. Just saying. I know the idea of this was to bring together great scripts helpful scripts but keeping it simple and lite. I don't think its a good idea to not protect these swaps from being maintained properly. Just saying! You guys are excellent keep up great combined effort. :D

I concur It is a great tool. Takes the best tools and centralises them. The script writers should stay somewhat together to re-enforce the use of these scripts for security reasons at the very least. @Adamm and @thelonelycoder I have a disk check pre-mount script that would be nice to include as well. The disk check is very important. These swaps we are creating are not being gracefully dismounted before total reboot. This little disk check makes sure your usb stick is ok. Without it I fear lots of drive corruption. I lost three usb drives working out what file system to use and found this pre-mount script. Have not lost a drive since. Just saying. I know the idea of this was to bring together great scripts helpful scripts but keeping it simple and lite. I don't think its a good idea to not protect these swaps from being maintained properly. Just saying! You guys are excellent keep up great combined effort. :D

I assumed the system is smart enough to handle graceful rebooting with a swap file, I can't say I've looked into it in detail all that much. Will read up on it this week.

Hello!

Why does not the list of available DNSs now appear?

I only have one option available!

1c820536b3dab75cf5cb609b72cdad38.jpg

I assumed the system is smart enough to handle graceful rebooting with a swap file, I can't say I've looked into it in detail all that much. Will read up on it this week.
I also see no problem whatsoever with the swap file not un-mounting cleanly when pulling the plug.
Coincidentally, this only happens when I test a USB 3 device of a questionable build on one of my routers. But it will wreak a lot more than just the swap file.

Hello!

Why does not the list of available DNSs now appear?

I only have one option available!

1c820536b3dab75cf5cb609b72cdad38.jpg
Ask the maintainer of that script, I only do the install/start menu in amtm, not a single bit of code is touched in the dnscrypt-installer script by me or amtm.

When I try to update with u, I get an error:

Code:
 What do you want to do?   u
(23) Failed writing body

---------------| INFO |----------------

No new version is available,
 do you want to update anyway?

---------------------------------------

What would be the cause (and fix for sure)?

Thanks in advance,

Code:
(23) Failed writing body

Thanks in advance,
As far as I know there is no new update for amtm. Try choosing a function and update the script inside of it.

Code:
(23) Failed writing body

Thanks in advance,
That's a curl error. Post the output of these commands, entered directly in the terminal:
This prints the curl version info
Code:
curl -V
and this is the path to the curl binary
Code:
which curl

Of interest is also this long command:
Code:
curl -fs --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/decoderman/amtm/master/amtm" | grep "^version=" | sed -e 's/version=//'
It should return 0.2 only.

What router model and firmware version do you have?

That's a curl error. Post the output of these commands, entered directly in the terminal:
This prints the curl version info
Code:
curl -V
and this is the path to the curl binary
Code:
which curl

Of interest is also this long command:
Code:
curl -fs --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/decoderman/amtm/master/amtm" | grep "^version=" | sed -e 's/version=//'
It should return 0.2 only.

What router model and firmware version do you have?

Router: RT-N66W
FW: 380.69 (Merlin)

curl -V
Code:
curl 7.54.1 (mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2n
Release-Date: 2017-06-14
Protocols: file ftp ftps http https imap imaps pop3 pop3s rtsp smb smbs smtp smtps tftp
Features: IPv6 Largefile NTLM NTLM_WB SSL TLS-SRP UnixSockets HTTPS-proxy

which curl
Code:
/usr/sbin/curl

that long command :)
Code:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!