What's new

asus 3100 is acting weird

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sparks

Occasional Visitor
I have 42 ping to a game server but when I have a twitch stream open it jumps to over 400.
I logged into the router to check settings and I have qos turned on and set for games.
Then I noticed on the front page network map, it says internet status your network cable is unplugged. WHAT?

I rebooted the router and the only light on is the power light.
I can only say its dead, any ideas are welcome

If you sense than the radios of the 3100 are still fine, then I would relegate it to a wireless AP (either it set it into AP mode, or manually disable NAT, firewall, DHCP, DNS, etc.) and drop in a proper wired router with fairness-queuing based QoS, like a UBNT ER-X (for up to 150Mb/s up+down QoS-driven traffic) or ER-12 (up to ~400Mb). Or if your internet link is closer to a gig, just set the upload limit and not download. Should be good at that point.

If wireless performance is still an issue, junk the 3100 and put in a replacement AP. A simple TP-Link EAP225v3 for $75 would do the trick. Or run multiple in mesh via an Omada controller if needed. I also like working-pull Ruckus R500's for $75 a pop off eBay flashed with Unleashed. Almost as easy to setup, but a way more mature code base that sets bar for ease of use + rock solid wifi.

Problem solved. :)

Last edited:
I dl the rescue.exe and the latest asus software.
and managed to recover the modem but it was a task to get it to connect to the internet.
After much trying I finally got it back up and running.
Do you think this is just something that happens or is this a sign or some bigger problems down the road?