What's new

ASUS ax92u & ax210

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

roboroberto

New Around Here
Hello, how should I set the wifi to get the maximum troughput?
there are tons of settings but in no way i can set mcs 11 for 5g ssid, not nitroqam

there are tons of settings but in no way i can set mcs 11 for 5g ssid, not nitroqam

I'd leave the default settings unless you know to change them otherwise.

I'd also stick with 80 MHz bandwidth, not 160 MHz, since the 5.0 band is too busy.

OE

also after every restart the router (single op mode) is extremelly slow to broadcast the 5g-2 ssid, cannot say why

also after every restart the router (single op mode) is extremelly slow to broadcast the 5g-2 ssid, cannot say why

I'm not familiar with how the 5.0 band channels are allocated between 5-1 and 5-2... I'm hoping to discover this.

However, the 5.0 band includes DFS channels that must be scanned by the router and determined available for use before the router can use them. This can take time, and may take more time if the router is configured to use AX and 160 MHz bandwidth and/or has to use different channels and less bandwidth to avoid DFS channels. If you can restrict the router configuration to 80 MHz bandwidth or less, and fixed, non-DFS channels, it may respond faster... but squeezing two WLANs 5-1 and 5-2 into the 5.0 band seems like a tight fit to me.

OE

While I do not have a tri band router using the defaults, mostly, works well for me.
Disable WPS
Use Auto Channel except do not check: "Auto select channel including DFS channels" and leave the 5 GHz to 20, 40, 80, 160 MHz
Do use Dual Band Smart connect

Most of the time my 5 GHz runs at 80 MHz in the lower UNII-1 channels. When an AX client connects the bandwidth increases to 160 MHz if the router is cleared for RADAR. This may seem counter productive but it does work!
Something was mentioned about the 5 GHz bands being crowded. So what. I believe the AX standard was designed for such circumstances.

The professional tab has the modulation scheme. You might not have mcs 11 on 5G1 since it's AC. Even then, the signal power and interference must be excellent for mcs 11.

Are you using DFS channels on 5G2? You can check in the wireless log. If 5G2 is using channels 100-144, then you're using DFS. With DFS channels, your router must check for the absence of radar channels signals before using them.
5G1 on AX92U lacks DFS channels IIRC, so it never needs to check and wait after a reboot.

I'm not familiar with how the 5.0 band channels are allocated between 5-1 and 5-2... I'm hoping to discover this.
On AX92U: 5G1 is UNII-1 and NII-2A (35-64), 5G2 has the rest. I think it's the same on other Asus wifi6 triband products.

Set 5g2 to channel 100, enable 160mhz. If the router is in dual band smart connect mode (wireless backhaul) reset it up in triband mode (by temporarily using ethernet backhaul).

If you are in dual band mode and dont want to reset, another way round it is to tick "enable client access" on the back haul channel.

This should give you 1gbps over wifi on your AX devices.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!