What's new

ASUS GT-AC5300 Turning on Port Forwarding Shuts down Management

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ok. Thanks. I will try that. But tomorrow. i need to find a time when the whole family is not online! Thanks for your help. i will let you know how it goes.

Well, I can't explain exactly what happened, but my ports are working now. I went to the GUI-Administration > Restore/Save/Upload, checked the Initialize setting and clicked Restore, and agreed to the popup indicating it would all go back to factory. After several minutes, it reloaded back to the main screen but with all my custom settings (and problems). I tried again. Again several minutes later, and I was back at the Dashboard, nothing different. I started writing a post here, with screen shots, etc and I decided to do a reboot of the router, then a factore restore. However, after reboot I checked the "Port Forwarding" logs and all the current and correct ports are forwarded! I then checked if they were actually responding to the public IP and they are!

So ... I have no idea what actually happened. I have rebooted this router many times in trying to get this to work. I upgraded firmware, reset using the pin and rebuilt and still had issues. Now, two factory restores that appeared not to work and a simple reboot has it working. I am a little shaky in trusting it right now, but I'll take it! Thank you again for everyone's help, I really apreaciate it when people take the time to suggest things or a different pattern in trying things.

Well, I can't explain exactly what happened, but my ports are working now. I went to the GUI-Administration > Restore/Save/Upload, checked the Initialize setting and clicked Restore, and agreed to the popup indicating it would all go back to factory. After several minutes, it reloaded back to the main screen but with all my custom settings (and problems). I tried again. Again several minutes later, and I was back at the Dashboard, nothing different. I started writing a post here, with screen shots, etc and I decided to do a reboot of the router, then a factore restore. However, after reboot I checked the "Port Forwarding" logs and all the current and correct ports are forwarded! I then checked if they were actually responding to the public IP and they are!

So ... I have no idea what actually happened. I have rebooted this router many times in trying to get this to work. I upgraded firmware, reset using the pin and rebuilt and still had issues. Now, two factory restores that appeared not to work and a simple reboot has it working. I am a little shaky in trusting it right now, but I'll take it! Thank you again for everyone's help, I really apreaciate it when people take the time to suggest things or a different pattern in trying things.

Well, that's all weird. I would not trust a router that does not reset properly. I would flash it again and start over.

OE

I agree with @OzarkEdge, a router that isn't resetting itself isn't one I would trust at all.

Fully Reset Router and Network

If you can't get the setup wizard after resetting it, it hasn't been reset.

If the above link is followed and even repeated a few times with no change in the router, I would be inclined to think it has an internal hardware defect and at the very least, I would not use it as the public-facing digital doorway' to any network I care about.

Wow. OK, I will try the instructions. Hopefully it will work as I do not want to go through the hasstle of returning and repurchasing this Router. Thanks though.