What's new

Release ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_21514

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I updated a few hours ago and I’m seeing the same thing with the 2.4 GHz channel. When the page loads it says it’s using Auto, but that’s not what I picked. It’s using the correct channel, but “auto” is being selected.
Curious, do you and @RogerSC have Smart Connect enabled?

I can't comment on setting channels, haven't tried it but enabling "Target Wake Time" on 5 GHz with Smart Connect ON, it wouldn't stick for me. (On 2.4 GHz was ok.)
To stick, I had to turn off Smart Connect, Apply > enable TWT, Apply > turn Smart Connect back on, Apply.

Curious, do you and @RogerSC have Smart Connect enabled?

I can't comment on setting channels, haven't tried it but enabling "Target Wake Time" on 5 GHz with Smart Connect ON, it wouldn't stick for me. (On 2.4 GHz was ok.)
To stick, I had to turn off Smart Connect, Apply > enable TWT, Apply > turn Smart Connect back on, Apply.

Well, just to illustrate the rich tapestry of my life, 2.4GHz. isn't showing "auto" channel at the moment, but 5GHz. band is. Always has the channel number that I've chosen, though. "Auto" shifts back and forth between bands, kind of funky. Despite the slight web admin UI peculiarities, operation is functionally fine. Have a week of uptime on the release now with no problems, so good by me *smile*.

No, don't have smart connect enabled. I like having different SSID's for 2.4GHz. and 5GHz., makes my life easier.

In my case, the latest firmware broke NTP date&time update. The system date is stuck on 5 may 2018. Automatic fw update thus gives error. Had to roll back to previous official fw which is stable. Asus did not so far respond to my enquiry.

im still on previous version ( 3.0.0.4.388_23285) and had 20 days uptime before a random reboot today :/

1- should I roll the dice on stability and update to this latest?

2- Also think it's just a software quirk or something hardware related?

AiProtection has been off, and upon reading someone else's comment I withdrew the data sharing agreement which affects lots of additional services I dont need that may be adding to stability wonkiness.

..the logs dont really show anything since it only shows from the reboot time of today and not leading up until then

I originally had one day uptime before a reboot on the shipping firmware it came from (that I think was from Dec2022 or end of 2022) before 3.0.0.4 and there had 20 days

thx

Last edited:
In addition, the ipv6 system log is not showing any host names. Under 3.0.0.4 it showed the same hostname that shows up on the dhcp system log for the MAC.

Is anyone else seeing this? As far as I can tell it’s a UI only issue and IPV6 is working, but it’s annoying as I used this page to find the IPV6 addresses of my devices. I can still do that, but it’s harder since I need to lookup the MAC address now.

So is this a good fw version or are you
Guys wishing you stayed on previous?

This firmware version has been very good to me *smile*. Really, I've been using it for over a week now, no problems, functionally has been fine. The web admin UI has had a minor problem (read my postings above), but that's had no effect on the functionality.

I should say, though, that I have a vanilla configuration, no mesh, not using the VPN's or VLAN functionality at this point. The main reason that I flashed it was to get the security fixes, which Asus has implied are "critical" security exploits. And it is working well, can't beat that *smile*.

hi does anyone else use bt tv and have it working as I've tried everything and it just wont work saying there is an issue with your broadband connection. works and has been working perfectly on all versions of 3.0.0.4. thanks

Are the "pro" wifi features like IOT, Kids, etc using VLANs like guest on the older firmwares?

If so, what VLANs are they?

Are the "pro" wifi features like IOT, Kids, etc using VLANs like guest on the older firmwares?

If so, what VLANs are they?

Nope. Big question right now is which routers will get the new 3.0.0.6 firmware. Currently only Pro and GT-AX6000.

In my case, the latest firmware broke NTP date&time update. The system date is stuck on 5 may 2018. Automatic fw update thus gives error. Had to roll back to previous official fw which is stable. Asus did not so far respond to my enquiry.
Just factory reset and try again. No NTP date and time issues here

Screenshot 2023-07-16 123451.png

DNS is definitely broken while in AP mode which causes NTP to continuously fail. Previous beta firmware does not have this issue.

I also use it in AP mode, and it fails to update date&time no matter what.

No NTP issue for me either. Time exactly matches the time of my main router which is also a GT-AX6000. How are you determining that NTP is not working? Is time staying at the 2018 date?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!