What's new

Release ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_21514

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Working fine here, no problems with DNS or NTP time. Wireless is great, speed is what I expect. Just waiting for the next Merlin firmware release, though...don't really care for the "gaming" user interface *smile*.

Last edited:
This firmware has slow as molasses 2.5G LAN port and takes ages to initialize. My PC gets a local IP after 1 minute of booting into Windows. I am using Marvell AQC107s based PCIe card and it has no problems with any other 2.5G router or switch. Only this slowness to initialize on Asus GT-AX6000. I purchased it recently so I haven't tried it on 388 based firmware.

No NTP issue for me either. Time exactly matches the time of my main router which is also a GT-AX6000. How are you determining that NTP is not working? Is time staying at the 2018 date?
In the system log section you see system date and time, and it is 5 may 2018 as far as I remember.

In the system log section you see system date and time, and it is 5 may 2018 as far as I remember.

My GT-AX6000 AP is showing the current date and time, and the live clock on the system log page shows the same time as my primary GT-AX6000. I wonder why your's isn't working. Perhaps tied to DNS settings? For my GT-AX6000 in AP mode, I have DNS server #1 set to the LAN IP address of my main GT-AX6000 router, and then secondary set to Quad 9 main (9.9.9.9). Also, I am manually selecting the IP address of the GT-AX6000 AP rather than using DHCP mode.

I've reverted to 3.0.0.4.388_23285 for the moment due to a couple of things. My wife was seeing some minor buffering on DVR playback on the Tablo from time to time. Since she's currently watching the Women's World Cup on the Tablo, really don't want to screw around there *smile*. Not getting the Tablo buffering problem at this point, hard to tell if that was because I reverted or not. Also, my daughter is currently working remotely from our house, so I want absolute stability for that.

I plan to go back to 3.0.0.6.102_21514 after the World Cup, and when my daughter has gone back to her home. And see what happens with the Tablo. Anyways, didn't even have bugs for sure with this firmware, but just need the best stability I can get for a few days.

3.0.0.6.102_21514 is rock solid here.

Still having 2 smart devices that disconnect if i reapply any setting from the WAN page the only way to reconnect them is by rebooting the router. My phone (Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra) lot of times when i come home wont get full speed and throttles down to 60-70mbps im using a 200mbps line. Only way to fix it is turn off and on wifi. I gotta say i using this router for like 6 months now and still havent got a single hit on any of the AIProtection features no matter how many times i tried just to see if it works.

Back on this version of firmware. It's been performing admirably in the configuration that I have here at home. Includes a repeater (RT-AX3000) and a media bridge (RT-AX86U). All is fast and solid. Not using VPN or VLAN's at this point, though.

The router itself is quite solid. If you change some setting, then the firmware starts crapping out and the GUI throws up random glitches.
This was my experience, too. Even simple, needed, items (like changing wifi channels) struggle. I'm on the Merlin beta right now, given it's 1) back on 3.0.0.4x and 2) an even newer GPL than the stock release. Rock solid, and the loss of the ROG GUI doesn't hurt, either.

I like updates also...this last June release though has been stable for me..100+ days uptime.
It's all relative to me. I'm used to frequent releases from Voxel for my 7800. But I'll never buy ones like Linksys where they have firmware 2 years old and when you report a problem they think its you or your environment.

Wonder how much of Asus's firmware development bandwidth is going into wifi-7 firmware? I'll bet developing and stabilizing that's taking a lot of their time at this point.

Yes, both this firmware version, and RMerlin's latest have been stable enough for me, as well. I do like new features and bug fixes, though *smile*. Patience furthers, as usual.

Wonder how much of Asus's firmware development bandwidth is going into wifi-7 firmware? I'll bet developing and stabilizing that's taking a lot of their time at this point.
It's not just about Wifi 7. 3.0.0.6 brings some major new features, which are not Wifi 7 specific, and probably require some additional work. And Asus is also working on a new line of Business products.

And since they share a common codebase, a lot of that work will also apply to older models, not just the new ones.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!