What's new

Asus Lyra - Ethernet backhaul between 2 secondary nodes only?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Aarto Reponen

New Around Here
Hi!
Is it possible to set up Ethernet backhaul between two secondary nodes only? (Asus Lyra AC2200)
I have a system with 3 nodes (primary + 2 secondary) using Wifi backhaul. Now i want to extend the coverage to an adjacent building using a fourth node but cannot easily make a wired connection to it from the primary node. One of the secondary nodes is in an ideal position to wire to the new node in the new building. There will be two walls between the existing secondary node and the new node so using Wifi only will not give good results as the signal strength will be too low

Before asking why i don't just test it myself :)
This whole setup is in my other house where i will be travelling in about 3 months from now so it's not something i can test before going there. If this is confirmed as a working solution, i will purchase the new node here and bring it over as Lyra nodes are not easily available in the other country :)

Aarto

Last edited:
Hi!
Is it possible to set up Ethernet backhaul between two secondary nodes only? (Asus Lyra AC2200)
I have a system with 3 nodes (primary + 2 secondary) using Wifi backhaul. Now i want to extend the coverage to an adjacent building using a fourth node but cannot easily make a wired connection to it from the primary node. One of the secondary nodes is in an ideal position to wire to the new node in the new building. There will be two walls between the existing secondary node and the new node so using Wifi only will not give good results as the signal strength will be too low

Before asking why i don't just test it myself :)
This whole setup is in my other house where i will be travelling in about 3 months from now so it's not something i can test before going there. If this is confirmed as a working solution, i will purchase the new node here and bring it over as Lyra nodes are not easily available in the other country :)

Aarto

Daisy-chaining a node WAN up to a node LAN is suppose to work, but you won't know for sure until you try it. It won't help the wireless-wired backhaul chain if the satellite building is a whole new set of users.

One of the existing nodes could be temporarily wired to the other node, if you have someone onsite capable of testing this.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!