What's new

Release ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 Firmware v3.0.0.4.388_23012

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

doc octopus

ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.23012

56.12 MB 2023/04/12

New features:
-Built-in Surfshark in VPN Fusion allows you to surf the internet anonymously and securely from anywhere by encrypting connections. Please refer to https://asus.click/SurfsharkVPN

-iPhone/Android USB auto backup WAN allows you to connect your phone to the router’s USB port and use it as an internet source. Please refer to https://asus.click/AutobackupWAN

-DDNS transfer allows you to transfer your ASUS DDNS hostname from your original router to the new one. Please refer to https://asus.click/ASUSDDNS

Bug fixes and functionality modifications:
-Resolved the issue with login and password changes.
-Resolved the IPSec VPN connection issues.
-Resolved the Instant Guard connection issues.
-Fixed the AiCloud login issue after unplugging and plugging the HDD into the USB port.
-Fixed the issue where Traffic Analyzer sometimes couldn't record data.
-Fixed the time display issue for the preferred upgrade time in the Auto Firmware Upgrade function.
-Fine-tuned the description for port status.
-Enabled DynDNS and No-IP DDNS to use IPv6.
-Fixed AiMesh preferred AP identification in site survey results.
-Updated timezone list for Greenland, Mexico, and Iran.
-Modified the USB application option text in dual WAN.
-Allowed WireGuard Server clients to access the Samba server.
-Fixed memory leak issue.
-Enabled the failback function when using the iOS/Android USB backup WAN.

Security updates:
-Enabled and supported ECDSA certificates for Let's Encrypt.
-Enhanced protection for credentials.
-Enhanced protection for OTA firmware updates.
-Fixed DoS vulnerabilities in firewall configuration pages. Thanks to Jinghe Gao's contribution.
-Fixed DoS vulerabilities in httpd. Thanks to Howard McGreehan.
-Fixed information disclosure vulnerability. Thanks to Junxu (Hillstone Network Security Research Institute) contribution.
-Fixed CVE-2023-28702 and CVE-2023-28703. Thanks to Xingyu Xu(@tmotfl) contribution.
-Fixed null pointer dereference vulnerabilities. Thanks to Chengfeng Ye, Prism Research Group - cse hkust contribution.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 24e7222f4b8a90fd6a1bd19ed3cd9902

Given that I don’t use any of the features of the PRO version, I couldn’t help but try out this new release version.

I always (dirty) upgrade from Beta PRO to newer release version and never have a problem.

This release version is just as snappy as the beta pro.

Curious to try out the mobile phone tethering.

I flashed my router from Beta this morning. The only "issue" I can see is that my 2.5Ghz LED on the router will remain on, no matter what.

I always had LED's turned off but on this firmware I cannot make this LED turn off. Rebooting does not help either, I will try to flash once more.

I flashed my router from Beta this morning. The only "issue" I can see is that my 2.5Ghz LED on the router will remain on, no matter what.

I always had LED's turned off but on this firmware I cannot make this LED turn off. Rebooting does not help either, I will try to flash once more.
Hm, I upgraded it today from the previous Asus version and all the LEDs are off. Also no more system log flooding with kernel: netlink: 12 bytes leftover after parsing attributes in process `ip'. So far so good.

As far as differences between the 3.0.0 and 9.0.0 branches... would this be considered a "newer" version in terms of code base or is the Beta firmware still ahead?

I’m no expert but I would say the code base is newer than the beta pro version.

It’s the beta pro features that are being tested - and not only their technical capacity.

As someone also said: the beta pro versions are also being used in a marketing capacity to show future customers what’s in the pipeline.

I stand to be corrected.

As far as differences between the 3.0.0 and 9.0.0 branches... would this be considered a "newer" version in terms of code base or is the Beta firmware still ahead?
They are parallel branches, so you can't compare them.

Reactions: Civ
I wouldn't expect otherwise.

I suppose that once 3.0.0.6 goes final, ASUS will discontinue support for 3.0.0.4 on any router that can run 3.0.0.6.
But we’ve already seen that only newer routers will get 3.0.0.6 (based on the betas).

The only routers “that can run 3.0.0.6” will be the newer models.

AX6000 and newer. AX88U doesn’t look like it will get 3.0.0.6 for instance.

But we’ve already seen that only newer routers will get 3.0.0.6 (based on the betas).

The only routers “that can run 3.0.0.6” will be the newer models.

AX6000 and newer. AX88U doesn’t look like it will get 3.0.0.6 for instance.

There have been several AX routers released in the last few years. Kinda wild to think that they are being left behind. Perhaps more important is that this leaves Merlin with potentially supporting three branches. Doesn't sound fun even if 386 and 388 are feature frozen.

Kinda wild to think that they are being left behind. Perhaps more important is that this leaves Merlin with potentially supporting three branches.
It is wild - yes.

Windows 11 is the same. Not supported on the Surface Pro 3. Even though I have the latest Windows 11 build on my Surface Pro 3.

There is more than technology at play here.

Installed today, upgrading from the prior release. Had a number of Wi-Fi devices that weren’t happy. One would continuously connect and disconnect. I had to power the device off, reboot the router and then power it back on to get it to stay connected. That’s not the first time that’s happened for this device but that was with older routers. It was a first for this router.
A few others IOT devices connected and got IP addresses but weren’t working. Simply power cycling those devices got them working.

One other thing I‘ve noticed is that if I try to run a speed test within a few minutes of rebooting the router, speeds are slower than expected. This is noticeable for uploads as my Internet upload speed normally consistently maxes out at about 23 mbps. Right after rebooting I can’t get more than about 20 mbps. After a few minutes speeds return to normal.

Other than that, so far things are working.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!