What's new

Release ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000 Firmware version 3.0.04.388_24329 12-18-2023

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cc666

Very Senior Member
ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000 Firmware version 3.0.04.388_24329

New Features:
- Added new IPTV profiles, including Celcom, Celcom-TM, and UNIFI-Business+VoIP.

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
- Fixed WAN connection issues.
- Resolved an issue that caused hostname errors in the DDNS service.
- Resolved OpenVPN server TAP mode issue.
- Added MTU setting for WireGuard client.
- Ensured consistent display of client status on the WireGuard server.
- Enhanced system stability when accessing the WireGuard server with DMZ enabled.
- Improved stability when enabling or disabling the WireGuard server.
- Optimized memory utilization and fixed an occasional server error when registering DDNS with an app.
- Corrected a bug encountered when adding a rule to the network services filter.
- Fixed connection in load-balance mode when both WANs have static IPs.
- Resolved USB path display issue in RE Mode.
- Improved VPN client internet accessibility with AiProtection.

Security Fixes:
- Fixed OpenSSL vulnerabilities.
- Upgraded to the latest dropbear version.
- Fixed a stack overflow vulnerability.

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.
SHA256: aab8b3f974abb34cae2fe8527daa99f3098a7192fbb0885aeabc67f160bcca64

Download: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...00438824329.zip?model=ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000

CC

no new stuff..........

iam on merlin and gona stay on it

no new stuff..........

iam on merlin and gona stay on it
No point in constantly jumping back and forth between both firmware anyway. The OpenSSL and dropbear updates were already included.

Beside...
Code:
commit 706d7bad97b62c1d3a9d04d3bae9a6776e2bc422
Author: Eric Sauvageau <merlin@asuswrt-merlin.net>
Date:   Tue Dec 19 01:40:22 2023 -0500

Merge GT-AXE16000 binary blobs from 24353

No point in constantly jumping back and forth between both firmware anyway. The OpenSSL and dropbear updates were already included.

Beside...
Code:
commit 706d7bad97b62c1d3a9d04d3bae9a6776e2bc422
Author: Eric Sauvageau <merlin@asuswrt-merlin.net>
Date:   Tue Dec 19 01:40:22 2023 -0500

Merge GT-AXE16000 binary blobs from 24353

Never had wan issues they said are fixed, 3006 ia not going tomcome this year… hope you can do better then them in this matter

Cheers

Just did the update and it bricked AIMesh. Doesn't find any nodes anymore. Well done, Asus. Manually downgraded to the previous version.

This firmware was screwed up for me. Went from 3.0.0.4.388_23012 to 3.0.04.388_24329. I noticed that the update seem to take much longer then any others before it. After, the router rebooted and would just boot loop forever. Had to do a recovery by holding WPS and power. Once setting the router backup, changing basic settings like AI, or adding in security binding to IPS bricked it again. Major fail on Asus part. Last thing I tried was to update the firmware again and reload a configuration backup, bricked once more. Returned to 3.0.0.4.388_23012 and running stable again.

No problems with this update. Three AX86U AIMesh node configuration. Nodes were on latest F/W. All working OK so far.

Running perfectly for me. 2 VPN connections running concurrently. Interface is lightening fast.
No disconnections.

CC

This firmware was screwed up for me. Went from 3.0.0.4.388_23012 to 3.0.04.388_24329. I noticed that the update seem to take much longer then any others before it. After, the router rebooted and would just boot loop forever. Had to do a recovery by holding WPS and power. Once setting the router backup, changing basic settings like AI, or adding in security binding to IPS bricked it again. Major fail on Asus part. Last thing I tried was to update the firmware again and reload a configuration backup, bricked once more. Returned to 3.0.0.4.388_23012 and running stable again.

Can someone test if with the last version of firmware, if you set two IPs at Enable Access Restrictions from System section, one ip from LAN and the other from a different network and then save the settings, see if the router enters into a boot loop? Mine does. I had to factory reset the router from the reset button, but it took me some time to reset it because of the boot loop.

Last edited:
One week later and my unit it's still on 160MHz on second 5GHz radio. First radio had no problems before to stay on 160. Second though was dropping to 80 several hours after a reload. Now, one week later...not an important aspect for me, but worth highlighting it.
It was stable also with the previous release and it's still stable.

Hi!
A general question about AXE16000. I run both stock and merlin in my ASUS park so I have no issues with either of em. Im grateful for both!
My newest purchase was a AXE16000. One of the reasons was the VLAN implementation in the GUI.
Now when I researched and read in the forum its only in beta stage (ASUS GT-AXE16000 Firmware version 9.0.0.6.102.4856). But I also found out that ASUS GT-AX6000 has stock Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_21514 that support VLAN in GUI. Not BETA fw... Hopefully it will be implemented in Merlin fw aswell when its in stock fw and not beta :)
Why is that? Is GT-AX6000 hardware better in comparison to AXE16000? Or is it somehting else?

Last edited:
Hi!
A general question about AXE16000. I run both stock and merlin in my ASUS park so I have no issues with either of em. Im grateful for both!
My newest purchase was a AXE16000. One of the reasons was the VLAN implementation in the GUI.
Now when I researched and read in the forum its only in beta stage (ASUS GT-AXE16000 Firmware version 9.0.0.6.102.4856). But I also found out that ASUS GT-AX6000 has stock Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_21514 that support VLAN in GUI. Not BETA fw... Hopefully it will be implemented in Merlin fw aswell when its in stock fw and not beta :)
Why is that? Is GT-AX6000 hardware better in comparison to AXE16000? Or is it somehting else?
Merlin has not not moved to Asus 3.0.0.6 firmwares at this point (except for changing version numbering of current releases to POSSIBLY accommodate it in the future) — no Merlin firmware currently supports the Asus VLAN implementation, and there is currently no plan or ETA for it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!