What's new

Asus router warnings on privacy and security - I know it is old news but is it a concern really?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, old news indeed. Everything there has been discussed in these forums before. IMHO there's no real point in dissecting an article about a firmware from 2 and a half years ago that's been replaced with a newer branch.

One reason why I stopped using Asus routers. Sending out private info to a 3rd party is a huge no-no.

Can’t believe some people over look this and say it’s no big deal.

One reason why I stopped using Asus routers. Sending out private info to a 3rd party is a huge no-no.

Can’t believe some people over look this and say it’s no big deal.

What brand did you move towards? I have 2 Asus AP68 devices (router, router setup as repeater) that are getting intermittent, so just wondering.

Netgear R7800 and it’s one amazing router. Best in AC class hands down and even out performs many AX routers. There’s a reason why it’s still $200+ US even after being in the market for so many years.

Using stock firmware and not a single issue. Blazing fast and never needs rebooting. 74 days of uptime as I post this.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!