What's new

Asus RT-ac3200 qos bandwidth monitor confusion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

robb Shales

New Around Here
Hi all I have a strange thing going on with my Asus RT-AC3200 running the newest merlin firmware, when Im running it without Vpn client on and streaming Qos bandwidth monitor shows my bandwidth as download, but when I turn on the vpn client (openVPN) Qos bandwith monitor it shows my streaming bandwidth as upload? I dont get it is this a software glich with merlin? thanks again for any help...

Hi all I have a strange thing going on with my Asus RT-AC3200 running the newest merlin firmware, when Im running it without Vpn client on and streaming Qos bandwidth monitor shows my bandwidth as download, but when I turn on the vpn client (openVPN) Qos bandwith monitor it shows my streaming bandwidth as upload? I dont get it is this a software glich with merlin? thanks again for any help...
Well welcome to my world. I even complained directly to Asus about this issue and their reply was..
its an old bug and they are aware of it but are not doing anything about it.
What pisses me off is they put out products that claim to do things that they don't
I can't say that ASUS is a bad company but for the price they charge they should fix issues like the QOS and VPN being wired backwards. So you are not the only one with this problem. All asus routers have this problem because ASUS doesn't make their own parts. they buy different modules then they put them together and try to put out firmware that makes it all work but as we see we don't live in a perfect world and ASUS has to continue making money so out with the garbage and never fix the bug :)
This is all I have to say about this issue.

If my vpn is on it shows all traffic as upload.
With the vpn off it shows the upload and download properly
Saves me the trouble of posting about it...lol
Thanks for info

Last edited:
Hi there,

Is there any update on this issue, as I am actively using VPN and getting confused about the Bandwidth monitor on my AC3200.

Regards

Teymur