What's new

RT-AX55 QOS Bandwidth Limiting not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MountOlympus

New Around Here
Hello,
I have a new RT-AX55 and I have set up some bandwidth limitations for certain wireless devices in my network but when I look at the client list it seems that the transmit and receive rates still exceed the limits I set. What's wrong?
Thanks

A Wi-Fi client's Tx and Rx rates are unrelated to QoS.

Are you sure?

Router_QOS.jpg

I'm fully aware of how QoS works. My question was, are you asking about the Wi-Fi Tx and RX rates shown in my screen shot? Those have nothing to do with QoS. If it's not that then what are the "transmit and receive rates" you're referring to? Post a screen shot showing the problem occurring.

Last edited:
What's wrong?

One is bandwidth the other is link speeds. Bandwidth will be limited, link speeds will stay the same.

With Bandwidth Limiter enabled your router will limit the entire network to about 250-300Mbps WAN-LAN. It's NAT acceleration incompatible feature.

Just note that one doesn't want to even consider WiFi tx/rx rates - wireless is shared medium, last thing you want is one device consuming airtime at a lower rate, as that airtime is then not available to other stations on the same BSS...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!