What's new

Asus rt-ac68u One port as switch

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Vybramo

New Around Here
Hello
Its possible to set router to have one port as switch ? and rest of ports as router? I have one device which need to have IP adress from my ISP and i dont want to use gbit switch.

Thanks

Have you looked at WAN - DMZ? This may help with service you want to use, but it won't make your device get WAN IP address, but why do you need that device to have IP address from ISP? just curious

you cant. DMZ doesnt do that either. DMZ is a 1-1 NAT which doesnt give the device a public IP, but at the same time exposes the device to the internet. So if you need to port forward many ports you use DMZ.

many routers have the typical 2 port config where 1 port is WAN and the other is connected to a 4 port switch. The 4 ports are switched and it is not in the firmware to configure the switching config of the ports either. Only mikrotik lets you do that. On mikrotik you can bridge WAN and another port and switch the rest or use routing to route between an unswitched port and WAN.