What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Port Forwarding

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OnTheShore

New Around Here
Cheers All,

After reading much of the discussion here I still forged ahead and purchased said unit in order to take advantage of the speed and ability to share the signal to the far ends of my home. However, I am unable to open ports. I spent 20 minutes last week with Technician at Asus and again an hour yesterday with Live Chat but ports still remain closed.

I could sure use some help.

Currently I have the following setup:

Under WAN I have checked Enable Port Forwarding

I have provided a Service Name

I have a Port Range of 5060:5061

I have the Local IP of my Laptop

I have Local Port empty

I have Both for Protocol

I have Added and Applied settings.

I have repeated said steps for my IP of my wireless iphone which is using the laptop for VOIP.

However, doing a check of Port Opened show both ports still closed.

Any suggestions?

I thank you in advance for your efforts.

Make sure your modem is bridged, otherwise it will firewall all connections before they even reach your router.

Thank You Merlin. I contacted my ISP who "bridged" modem and router ... but, after doing a Port Open check ... both ports are still closed. :(

Cheers All,

I have a Port Range of 5060:5061

I have Local Port empty

I thank you in advance for your efforts.

Try putting the same value of the port range you used into the local port as well, so its not empty.

ADDED: Ignore my post suggestion above as I just looked up the manual and I see that if you are using a Port Range then leave the Local port blank.
I have filled in my port forwarding and only use single ports (no range) and it works for me.
Since you are only using 2 ports could you try them separate as 2 entries to test.

Last edited:
Check your firewall settings. Windows has different firewall settings for public and private and work networks. Public networks tend to be very restrictive. Private networks are generally what you want for a home environment. If you goto Network & Sharing Center, you will see what sort of network your system is configured for - if it's public, change it to private. When I first replaced my Netgear router with Asus, for some reason my network connection at home switched to public, and connecting to my laptop via RDP was blocked, even though the laptop and desktop both connected to the same router.