What's new

Asus RT-AC87U 5g/AC wifi connection slow after merlin update, anyone else?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Martronic

Occasional Visitor
i have an issue with the 5Ghz being half my full connection speed and its unstable. it was able to get my full speed and had no stability issues...

that being said. the 2.4 Ghz is working amazingly... but with my usb drive being used for storing movies and music i want to use the 5Ghz connection.

anyone else having issues?

my router is running 380.67 merlin

edit:
after doing some more reasearch on it... it seems to be the QoS... i wasn't using traditional (that i know of)... but it seems it was cutting traffic that was used by speedtest.net

Last edited:
I just flashed merlin on an asus rt-ac3200 with Express VPN. Everything seems fine but I can't hook up my kill switch without dropping the VPN. My Router says its still connected but all internet dns checks show my true ip. I am getting mostly 300mps from 20 feet away on one of the 5 ghz. I think my laptop caps at 300 is why I am only getting that, because my other laptop with even a slower wifi card is getting 800 mps on 5 ghz but I have a cheap wifi dongle in that one. HP bastards only put one wire in that probook i7. Can you believe an I7 being built with only one wifi antennae. Cheap HP.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!