What's new

Asus RT-AC87U Firmware V.384.10_2 Missing IP's and Strange IP's

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Louis James

Occasional Visitor
RE:
  • RT-AC87U
  • Firmware: 384.10_2
  • Client List Problems
I just updated to V.384.10_2 and I have two (2) problems:

1. Unusual IP for Router:
    1. It shows for the Asus Router the IP of 169.254.39.227 (with is typically a local Private IP). I would think it would show the IP of 192.168.1.1. Previous Firmware did not have this problem.
  2. Missing IP's
    1. At least one computer is missing in the Client list. For example, this computer has an IP of 192.168.1.75 but it is NOT in the client list. It is setup with a MAC address reservation but so are several others. That is changed from the previous Firmware.
I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced those issues. Everything is working properly (or so it seems) but one has to be concerned. Wondering if I should downgrade back to V.384.7_2

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Sincerely:

Louis

RE:
  • RT-AC87U
  • Firmware: 384.10_2
  • Client List Problems
I just updated to V.384.10_2 and I have two (2) problems:

1. Unusual IP for Router:
    1. It shows for the Asus Router the IP of 169.254.39.227 (with is typically a local Private IP). I would think it would show the IP of 192.168.1.1. Previous Firmware did not have this problem.
  2. Missing IP's
    1. At least one computer is missing in the Client list. For example, this computer has an IP of 192.168.1.75 but it is NOT in the client list. It is setup with a MAC address reservation but so are several others. That is changed from the previous Firmware.
I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced those issues. Everything is working properly (or so it seems) but one has to be concerned. Wondering if I should downgrade back to V.384.7_2

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Sincerely:

Louis
Question 1: Your router has a unique hardware config where part of the wifi bridge has a different MAC address, this is normal for your hardware. Question 2: The Network Map page has a fix implemented in the new 384.11 firmware still in development, that addresses this problem.

Skeal:
Wow! What a fast response. Thank you for answering so quickly. I look forward to the new firmware.

For the record, I just tested the Orbi Pro SRR60 against this RT-AC87U. While the Orbi does a much better job on WiFi, the RT-87U runs circles around the Orbi regarding all things wired and QoS. I've not dropped the Orbi behind the Asus as an Access Point. The Asus handles everything except WiFi.

Thanks again for your kind reply.

Skeal:
Wow! What a fast response. Thank you for answering so quickly. I look forward to the new firmware.

For the record, I just tested the Orbi Pro SRR60 against this RT-AC87U. While the Orbi does a much better job on WiFi, the RT-87U runs circles around the Orbi regarding all things wired and QoS. I've not dropped the Orbi behind the Asus as an Access Point. The Asus handles everything except WiFi.

Thanks again for your kind reply.
Welcome aboard!! ;):)

I don't have any updated binary blobs for the RT-AC87U, so beta 1 is still using the same networkmap as 384.10.

I don't know yet if I'll be able to obtain updated blobs from Asus, it's up to them.