What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.20566

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am getting notifications on my Android. Must be that lousy iOS.
Don't typically have iOS problems, it's most likely I didn't have something set up right. It was an afterthought for me this morning when looking at the Asus router app. The Tether App for TP-Link does the connection notifications, that's why I was wanting the feature for Asus.
The device I tested was one of my Sony 4K Blu-ray Players. It's hard wired, and the router had just been powered back on, and then I updated the firmware, so that required another reboot. Then it applied the settings for notifications when toggling the switch in the app. What I noticed though, is I had to turn on two switches for connection notifications. One for push on that device, and the other one to enable the service on the router it looked like.

My AX86U with clean installation of 388.20556 rebooted itself around 3AM last night. Two test clients only were attached to it on Wi-Fi doing nothing. The router is going back on the shelf for now. I'm also quite irritated by GUI design inconsistencies and bugs. :confused:

My AX86U with clean installation of 388.20556 rebooted itself around 3AM last night. Two test clients only were attached to it on Wi-Fi doing nothing. The router is going back on the shelf for now. I'm also quite irritated by GUI design inconsistencies and bugs. :confused:

No problem here. With around 30 devices.

Uptime7 days 2 hour(s) 8 minute(s) 49 seconds

I have been wondering if voltage fluctuations could be causing some of the issues, such as your reboot. My AX86U is on a BackUPS 425. Not the greatest UPS but it seems to provide constant voltage and my power company has not been lowering the voltage during peak periods. My router has an ADH011 power supply rated at 19.5V, 45W. Both the router and power supply are barely warm to the touch.

I have tried to throw everything I can at this router and it keeps plugging along. Today I added an AC66U_B1 as an AiMesh node and it worked well. Had to cut the router bandwidth to 80 MHz and no DFS channels to get the node added. After a short test I went back to my "normal" settings. Also have the router at WPA2-Personal now. Some have wondered if WPA2/WPA3-Personal bothers 160 MHz. It does not, at least for me. Wireguard server and InstantGuard work. And the minor bugs do not bother me at all.

I am getting notifications on my Android. Must be that lousy iOS.
no problem getting these notifications either, using Android

How many clients do some of you have that actually support WiFi 6 and 160 MHz channel width? I only have 1, a MSI GE76 Raider 11UE .

I had to disable 802.11ax / WiFi 6 on the 5GHz Radio to get an older Alienware laptop with a Asus AX1800 USB WiFi Adapter (USB-AX56) to even connect. I want to investigate this further. Currently set to Control Channel manually set to 149 (20/40/80 Mhz).

Last edited:
My AX86U is on a BackUPS 425.

I'm using APC BackUPS 550 with better waveform.

I have tried to throw everything I can at this router and it keeps plugging along.

Multiple GUI bugs in official release weeks after beta means low quality control. In last few firmware releases I have also noticed Asus is hiding non-working or buggy functionality. Sorry, but this is not a serious piece of equipment. The only excuse is it's relatively cheap.

no problem getting these notifications either, using Android
I don't have a mobile android device, but I have a NVIDIA Shield TV Pro, and I've been told you can put the mobile android apps on those. Would it work to put the Asus Router for Android on the Shield just to compare the two platforms ?

Has anyone got IPV 6 to connect under WireGuard. Mine keeps connecting to my ISP IPV 6. Not the Wireguard’s. The same profile connects to IPV6 on the desktop and mobile clients.

I have FTTH 900 / 900 Mbits internet - which port is better to connect to WAN 1Gbits or 2.5Gbits to?

I also have an issue where it will not accept my .opvn file from OpenVPN-AS. I have one I created on AWS. My Wirguard works great, but I cannot get it to accept my OVPN. I get "File format or path is invalid!" error!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-08 at 6.11.16 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-08 at 6.11.16 PM.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 64
I have FTTH 900 / 900 Mbits internet - which port is better to connect to WAN 1Gbits or 2.5Gbits to?
For GIG service use the default WAN port. Using the 2.5 GB port it will still connect at 1 GB.

What is the speed of the ISP port?

OE

The LED for 2.5GbE port blinks more logically. I'm serious. Try both ports and see the difference.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!