What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22525

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Then 2x AX86S will be good matching nodes, but I've got one months ago for CAD180 from BestBuy.
Well I think the $199 at BB is a decent price as I cannot see any pro in Canada websites?

Get whatever you think fits your budget and needs, but this conversation is unrelated to 388_22525 firmware for AX86U/S routers.

Get whatever you think fits your budget and needs, but this conversation is unrelated to 388_22525 firmware for AX86U/S routers.
#acknowledged

ASUS RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22525
Version 3.0.0.4.388.22525 70 MB
2023/02/07

1.Fixed CVE-2022-46871
2.Fixed Client DOM Stored XSS.
3.Improved AiMesh backhaul stability.
4.Fixed AiMesh topology UI bugs.
5.Fixed the reboot issue when assigning specific clients in VPN fusion.
6.Fixed the VPN fusion bug when importing the Surfshark WireGuard conf file.
7.Fixed network map bugs.

I’ve been on 3.0.0.4.386_46061for ages, would stay up for months. But recently started becoming more unstable. So updated to 3.0.0.4.388_22525. So far it’s been a few days and everything is working very well. I’ve got a wired backhaul and all sorts of smart home devices. I’m pleased with this version.

While browsing between left side menu the router kicked me out. connection lost. router needed a reboot to get it back.

The only changes i made was to a few device names on the "view list" (new device connected) screen - it didn't crash at this point but some time later.

its been solid since my Feb 7th post.

Log has been sent in through the GUI.

I’m having random issues whereby connection is completely lost and a manual reboot is required.

Ax86u with wired mesh to Ax86s, largely default settings apart from locking channels, AI protection on, roaming and smart connect off

I’m having random issues whereby connection is completely lost and a manual reboot is required.

Ax86u with wired mesh to Ax86s, largely default settings apart from locking channels, AI protection on, roaming and smart connect off
What do you mean by connection lost? WIFI will not connect or WAN looses connection to the internet?

I'm glad I don't have that problem here!

OE

Can’t connect to Wi-Fi, all devices are kicked off
Sounds like it is time for a factory reset and manually configure and use the default WIFI settings including SmartConnect. Don't use DFS and stay with WPA2-Personal.

Sounds like it is time for a factory reset and manually configure and use the default WIFI settings including SmartConnect. Don't use DFS and stay with WPA2-Personal.
Yeah was thinking of doing a factory reset, I don’t use DFS anyway, hopefully a reset solves this issue

great firmware, one month up time, not a single issue but then, not using AiMesh....

I did a factory reset on my AX86U and set it up fresh with the .25 firmware. I needed to look at some functions the Asus offers that the Tp-Link didn't Anyway, it's been Rock solid since it's been running this time around. Haven't had any issues with it, and the overall wireless speeds seem to have improved as well. I hope the Guest Network Pro feature eventually comes to the non pro X86 model. It has some presets, I'd like to experiment with. However, currently it states it's only for a few pro models, but more are coming.

Having a strange issue with AX86U on 22525. The client list seems to be stuck to the status as of a couple days ago. It's not showing any of the new devices that have connected since that time. I'm seeing the issue in:
  • Client Status on main web GUI page
  • View List link from main web GUI page
  • Devices list in the Android app
However, I do see the new devices on the System Log - DHCP Leases tab. Also noteworthy, the Android app has been alerting me when new devices connect to the network, but the new devices don't show up on any of the above 3 lists.

I have not rebooted the router. I suspect a reboot would probably temporarily clear the issue, but how long before it shows up again? I'm mostly wondering - is anyone else having this issue? And is there any way I can poke at this list to force it to refresh without rebooting?

Everything else on the router seems to be functioning properly, so this is mostly a nuisance, but I really would like a way to reliably see the devices on my network. I am willing to reboot and/or reset my router if that's my only recourse, just checking to see if this is widespread and if there are any workarounds.

Thanks for any feedback.

An update on this - I factory reset the router and set everything up from scratch. The client list was updating properly for a while, maybe a few weeks, but eventually stopped updating. So I assume this is just a bug in the firmware, and as others have mentioned, likely a long-standing bug. Hope this can get addressed by ASUS at some point.

Maybe coincidentally, I noticed that when the client list stops updating, the System Log - Port Forwarding tab is also broken. Clicking on that tab breaks the web GUI temporarily and adds a bunch of kernel errors to the general log.

Last edited:
An update on this - I factory reset the router and set everything up from scratch. The client list was updating properly for a while, maybe a few weeks, but eventually stopped updating. So I assume this is just a bug in the firmware, and as others have mentioned, likely a long-standing bug. Hope this can get addressed by ASUS at some point.

Maybe coincidentally, I noticed that when the client list stops updating, the System Log - Port Forwarding tab is also broken. Clicking on that tab breaks the web GUI temporarily and adds a bunch of kernel errors to the general log.
Check the memory usage tab. It could be memory leak.
Scheduled reboots will clear issue as a band aid

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230407_094913_ASUS Router.jpg
    Screenshot_20230407_094913_ASUS Router.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 44
I quite often see the ethernet port in yellow but not the gaming one.
I also have RAM at approx. 90% used without knowing why.
High RAM use usually indicates you have used Samba file sharing. The router should clear some of that used memory in time. But I have seen the memory hover above 90% for days with no ill effect.
The yellow LAN port indicates a connection less than 1 GB. A computer in sleep mode will show this. My DS218j powered down will show a yellow connection. It is annoying as a 100MB connection is OK

If the AX86 follows the same firmware as the others (3.0.0.4.388_23012)

Waiting for 23012 with clean 22525. I have something specific to check on it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!