What's new

Beta Asus RT-AX89X_9.0.0.4_388_31185 Beta

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Well, I use/import my own certificates and .32407 totally breaks it for me, connection is not secure. I had to revert to .32403

32407 has been running for a few days, and it seems stable. I have 4 AI Mesh nodes under the 89X that supports around 55 clients. Memory and CPU usage is as expected. No client connection issues. Seems very stable.

Hello,

My old router died and i bought ax89x. Im still puzzled if this will be a good choice.
As first thing that was driving my crazy was internal fan and i switched it off. For now temp running around 60C, is this acceptable?
What are values for fan you are using?
any thoughts appreciated!

Hello,

My old router died and i bought ax89x. Im still puzzled if this will be a good choice.
As first thing that was driving my crazy was internal fan and i switched it off. For now temp running around 60C, is this acceptable?
Try to put it on the 'low' option instead. The noise is barely noticeable.

Try to put it on the 'low' option instead. The noise is barely noticeable.
Low is still too noisy for me. But I have changed when fan starts and now works like a charm... In total silence :)
65c start on low speed
85c switch to medium
90c go on high speed
Will see in few days.

Also is there any possibility to program buttons? Maybe one of beta firmware has such option. So far I'm on official but will look for some latest beta

One more question to ax89x users. I have noticed very weird issue - once I turn on or off any radio my lan systems are also disconnected from router. Seems it's limited only to lan port 1 and 2. Anyone facing or was facing same issue? Tomorrow I will install beta...

Hi all,

Just wondering. Are you also looking around for a proper replacement for the AX-89X? I'm looking currently towards the AXE16000, but bit pricey and WIFI 7 is already around the corner. Also the WIFI 6E band is great for very short distance, but for longer distance WIFI 6 and WIFI 5 is far better. Have a 2GBIT Fiber connection (10GBit) not available in my country yet. It's more that updates are slow and not Merlin supported. Also feeling that the router is almost EOL state. Won't buy a router again with a Qualcomm based chip for sure. Using my AX-89X in combination with 2 AX88U nodes.

Hi all,

Just wondering. Are you also looking around for a proper replacement for the AX-89X? I'm looking currently towards the AXE16000, but bit pricey and WIFI 7 is already around the corner. Also the WIFI 6E band is great for very short distance, but for longer distance WIFI 6 and WIFI 5 is far better. Have a 2GBIT Fiber connection (10GBit) not available in my country yet. It's more that updates are slow and not Merlin supported. Also feeling that the router is almost EOL state. Won't buy a router again with a Qualcomm based chip for sure. Using my AX-89X in combination with 2 AX88U nodes.
Hi there!

Personally, what it gets me is the 8 port hub combined with the 2 ports 10gb LAN, using the SFP+ for the fiber channel link. Dont find a router with these features easily.

cheers

Last edited:
Hi all,

Down the road I'll likely change to a TP-Link 10GbE router like the 8411 and start going separate dedicatee access point route with PoE++

One more question to ax89x users. I have noticed very weird issue - once I turn on or off any radio my lan systems are also disconnected from router. Seems it's limited only to lan port 1 and 2. Anyone facing or was facing same issue? Tomorrow I will install beta...
Same happening on latest beta. Also tried restoring factory settings and then just set wifi name and password but still same. As this is brand new unit I have called Asus Tech support and waiting on their reply.
Would be really awesome if anyone here would confirm/deny problem exists with other units as well.
For me this is totally disqualifying to use such product. :/

Count me in as another victim of the random memory leak climbing to 100% and crashing every 10 min.

Beta firmware resolved the issue for me, but not before I wiped my router and restored the settings trying to resolve it.

Thanks @arigon for the beta link. Where did you get it from? I used to run merlin firmware when i had my 88U, but had to revert back to stock when i got the ax89x. The beta has some nice little additions, so I'm just wondering how i can get access to the betas as they are released?
I managed to obtain official Beta F/W for the RT-AX89X sent from Asus team.

Link to F/W?
Ben29 is our regular dealer :)

Hello,

60C is a good, moderate, not too hot temperature. That won't damage your CPU or radios...I don't start getting worried until I see temperatures up into the 80's. But even the 80's isn't too hot, I do worry about temps that high shortening the life of electronics, though. And if that happens that are lots of quiet cooling pads around that aren't expensive, that you can set a router on.

60C is a good, moderate, not too hot temperature. That won't damage your CPU or radios...I don't start getting worried until I see temperatures up into the 80's. But even the 80's isn't too hot, I do worry about temps that high shortening the life of electronics, though. And if that happens that are lots of quiet cooling pads around that aren't expensive, that you can set a router on.
Thanks for reply but I already returned ax89x due to issue with lan ports recycling when any change to wifi setting or simple turning wifi on/off

I’m running 32407 now, flashed a few days ago. 3Gbit from ISP over CAT6 into the AX89X SPF adapter, 2.5Gbit out over CAT6 from the 10Gbit port into an 8 port 2.5Gbit switch. From the switch, 2 2.5Gbit uplinks to 2 5-port 2.5Gbit switches and into 2 separate AX6000 ROG Rapture routers set up as AI mesh nodes. Everything solid since the flash. Network performance is excellent.

I had really annoying and incomprehensible issue with latest firmware 3.0.0.4.386.47468 but now with 9.0.0.4.388_32407-gb7814fc no more issue.

It was like all Google related services (ONLY google services, all others fine) were failing from time to time but only on WiFi 🤔

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!