What's new

Beta Asus RT-AX89X_9.0.0.4_388_31185 Beta

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

its crazy.
the last STABLE firmware version for this router was released ONE YEAR ago on 18/10/2022.
the support for asus in a router that was the flagship and more expensive model, its insane

That is a three-year-old router. Stable firmware may be all that is needed for it.

I agree stable firmware is all that's needed at this point, but I would add security updates. And for my needs, this latest beta seems to be really stable. By far the best version of firmware I've experienced on the unit in the last 3 years.

hi.

from thunderbolt to rj45? or Sfp?
no difference, tried both variants
IMG_4469.jpeg

Last edited:
This is a call for Ben29, dude do u have any new firmware update from Asus?

Thanks for provide us with good shiet m8 :)

This is a call for Ben29, dude do u have any new firmware update from Asus?

Thanks for provide us with good shiet m8 :)
from asus:

No, the latest beta firmware is RT-AX89U_9.0.0.4_388_32407-gb7814fc_for_user.trx
Official firmware, 3.0.0.4_388_32407, will be released this week.

The private beta firmware release is a temporary workaround before official 388 firmware. If newer beta firmware is available, I'll put it into below link.
But I might not have much time to do this due to I was assigned new project.

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/0CAB26175EF8440FBD6117E4076095924

New official release works really well. Thanks for posting the change in the experimental. Not something I need, so I'll stick with the official.

I'm having a weird problem. When I try to connect to my synology located on my on network, it goes just fine. BUT, if I try to access through the external IP or DDNS service, it works but extremely slow.
If connect to the server from another home or my mobile phone without Wifi, it just goes perfect.

If anyone could help me with this issue please, It driving me crazy :-(

Thank you fellas!

UPDATE: Finally I found the solution. It was the bloody QoS. If you disable it, automatically all works as intended. I leave this post here to help if anyone struggles with the same mistake :)
UPDATE2: Bloody hell. When I disable the QoS, the router is flooded with this message: "kernel: [ 3524.458896] br0: received packet on eth0.1 with own address as source address". any ideas? if the QoS is enable, it stops.
UPDATE3: Found it. It was NAT acceleration combined with Link aggregation. Disabling the NAT accel did the trick.

Last edited:
I'm having a weird problem. When I try to connect to my synology located on my on network, it goes just fine. BUT, if I try to access through the external IP or DDNS service, it works but extremely slow.
If connect to the server from another home or my mobile phone without Wifi, it just goes perfect.

If anyone could help me with this issue please, It driving me crazy :-(

Thank you fellas!

UPDATE: Finally I found the solution. It was the bloody QoS. If you disable it, automatically all works as intended. I leave this post here to help if anyone struggles with the same mistake :)
UPDATE2: Bloody hell. When I disable the QoS, the router is flooded with this message: "kernel: [ 3524.458896] br0: received packet on eth0.1 with own address as source address". any ideas? if the QoS is enable, it stops.
QoS disabled, works perfect, 10 Gb connection to Syno
32407 final

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!