What's new

Beta Asus RT-AX89X_9.0.0.4_388_31185 Beta

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I got it from one of the developers. They don't want to share it publicly. They will only publish the final release as soon as it is ready.
I'm not yet on the beta (I had no time yet) but I'm affected by the issue this morning (CEST) as well. so thanks for the tip on how to delete this file. I'm gonna give it a try.
Support sent someone that same file, adding to the legitimacy:

An Asus tech reached out to me regarding the ticket I submitted and suggested updating to the beta firmware.
Below is the text of their email to me. I've seen this solution floated around, but some question the validity. I wanted to give some more credence to the following URL as it came directly from an ASUS tech to me.
Dear customer,

I have already downgraded the firmware to.
I saved portions of the system logs from the previous firmware and attached those to the email with the feedback form.
Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you mind giving below beta firmware a trial and see if it helps or not?
RT-AX89U_9.0.0.4_388_32094-ge476ac0_for_user.trx
https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/7BC17C7B02F545F9B1BCCAB8924C9C4D4

Last edited:
Dual WAN tab has been fixed with 32099.
I have just installed the 32099 fw, and I can confirm the dual WAN tab is working correctly (as regards the left column). I have my dual WAN configured as failover (main ISP is fiber, secondary is poor quality cable), and it required a reboot of the router, but, it's working correctly.

Dual WAN tab has been fixed with 32099.
Good to hear. Thanks to everyone for confirming. I'll give it a shot later today after I'm done working. I reported the Dual WAN tab twice, so maybe someone actually reads feedback.

Most recent one: 32099
RT-AX89U_9.0.0.4_388_32099-g45bcea0_for_user.trx
If you have way to provide feedback to the dev, I just noticed on the latest firmware is showing the Upload and Download bandwidth dials in Adaptive QoS Bandwidth Monitor with the opposite information. Also the Upload Bandwidth dial (actually download) keeps spinning all the way around.

If you have way to provide feedback to the dev, I just noticed on the latest firmware is showing the Upload and Download bandwidth dials in Adaptive QoS Bandwidth Monitor with the opposite information. Also the Upload Bandwidth dial (actually download) keeps spinning all the way around.
I don't have the spinning around effect, but yeah it's showing upload together with download despite only testing download. I will report this, thanks.

I don't have the spinning around effect, but yeah it's showing upload together with download despite only testing download. I will report this, thanks.
To clarify, the spinning around effect wasn't constantly spinning, it was just looping around the bottom somehow. But I just went in to re-check the looping behavior and not only am I no longer seeing it, the download and upload numbers are no longer reversed in their reporting. No idea what was going on or why it isn't currently still happening, but they may not be able to repro it since I'm not seeing it now.

To clarify, the spinning around effect wasn't constantly spinning, it was just looping around the bottom somehow. But I just went in to re-check the looping behavior and not only am I no longer seeing it, the download and upload numbers are no longer reversed in their reporting. No idea what was going on or why it isn't currently still happening, but they may not be able to repro it since I'm not seeing it now.
After you posted yesterday, I tried it after updating to the latest FW, and I did get the reverse meters. I just tried again now and it's still reversed for me, but also no spinning around.

Another weird behavior that's been happening in the previous and latest beta is that when I click on my bookmark ( https://router_ip: port ) to the web GUI, it's been letting me in without having to log in. After letting me in, I notice that the Client List shows zero clients. Clicking on View List will bring up the empty client list page and when you close that, then it throws you back into the login page. The fix for me, after trying lots of things, was to change the bookmark to: https://router_ip: port/Main_Login.asp. Now it's consistently presenting the login page. Looks like the URL https://router_ip: port is bypassing authentication. I can still click on links inside the GUI, but I haven't tried to change anything as we're reliant on having internet and I don't want to take it down accidentally. I'll submit another feedback and see if it gets addressed.

Edit: using a colon followed immediately by a lower case p (eg :p ) shows up as an emoji. So I added a space after the colon. I gotta learn to use this site.

Last edited:
On the 388.32099 firmware I'm seeing older wireless clients having difficulty trying to connect. As in, they can't. Specifically, they're Logitech SqueezeBox Radios, which I believe are 802.11b.

Anyone else seeing this behavior with older (ancient?) wireless clients?

On the 388.32099 firmware I'm seeing older wireless clients having difficulty trying to connect. As in, they can't. Specifically, they're Logitech SqueezeBox Radios, which I believe are 802.11b.

Anyone else seeing this behavior with older (ancient?) wireless clients?
Make sure "disable 11b" isn't checked in Wifi settings. It is checked by default in the latest beta.

1684714111443.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!