What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC3-3 public beta for IPv6 DDNS and IPv6 VPN server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@ASUSWRT_2020 how do we get IPv6 DDNS in this firmware ??
sanke1,

Have you check WAN -> DDNS page where you can find the lookup link
http://iplookup.asus.com/nslookup.php

I did that on my GUI, I see both IPv4 and IPv6 address for my DDNS domain. I am using Asus DDNS. Hope it helps

PS: I just turn on IPv6 by setting it as NATIVE and
I found the following in my syslog ... I don't understand what it means ... I remove information that I thought is personal and replaced it with [comments in square brackets]

Code:
Nov 24 10:33:02 start_ddns: eth0 has not yet obtained an ipv6 address
Nov 24 10:33:02 modprobe: module ip6t_REJECT not found in modules.dep
Nov 24 10:33:02 modprobe: module ip6t_ROUTE not found in modules.dep
Nov 24 10:33:02 modprobe: module ip6t_LOG not found in modules.dep
Nov 24 10:33:03 modprobe: module ip6t_REJECT not found in modules.dep
Nov 24 10:33:03 modprobe: module ip6t_ROUTE not found in modules.dep
Nov 24 10:33:03 modprobe: module ip6t_LOG not found in modules.dep
Nov 24 10:33:04 dhcp6 client: bound address [My IPv6 address]/128, prefix [My IPv6 prefix]/64
Nov 24 10:33:04 rc_service: dhcp6c 8244:notify_rc restart_ddns
Nov 24 10:33:04 start_ddns: update WWW.ASUS.COM update@asus.com, wan_unit 0
Nov 24 10:33:04 start_ddns: Clear ddns cache.
Nov 24 10:33:04 start_ddns: Start Inadyn.
Nov 24 10:33:04 inadyn[8548]: In-a-dyn version 2.8.1 -- Dynamic DNS update client.
Nov 24 10:33:04 inadyn[8548]: Update forced for alias [my dons domain name].asuscomm.com, new IP# [my IPv4 address]
Nov 24 10:33:04 inadyn[8548]: eth0 ipv6 address=<[my IPv6 address]>
Nov 24 10:33:04 inadyn[8548]: alias address=<[my IPv4 address]>
Nov 24 10:33:04 inadyn[8548]: request<GET /ddns/update.jsp?hostname=[my dons domain name].asuscomm.com&myip=[my IPv4 address]&myipv6=[my IPv6 address]&model=RT-AX88U&fw_ver=9.0.0.4.386_57317-gd068439 HTTP/1.0^M Authorization: Basic [my some string that I removed]^M Host: ns1.asuscomm.com^M User-Agent: inadyn/2.8.1 https://github.com/troglobit/inadyn/issues^M ^M >
Nov 24 10:33:05 inadyn[8548]: [response_update]HTTP/1.1 200 OK^M Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 02:33:05 GMT^M Server: Apache^M Content-Length: 0^M Connection: close^M Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8^M ^M
Nov 24 10:33:05 inadyn[8548]: Updating cache for [my dons domain name].asuscomm.com
Nov 24 10:33:05 ddns: ddns update ok

Last edited:
This firmware RT-AX88U the ddns dynamic is not working

Nov 22 20:03:12 start_ddns: eth0 has not yet obtained an ipv6 address

and i have ipv6 ative and working but thhe ddns dynamic not update the ipv6 and ipv4
My isp provider is Meo and ipv6 prefix is /56 and Native is atived, in ddns no-IP not working say no ipv6 and not update de ipv4

sanke1,

Have you check WAN -> DDNS page where you can find the lookup link

I did that on my GUI, I see both IPv4 and IPv6 address for my DDNS domain. I am using Asus DDNS. Hope it helps

PS: I just turn on IPv6 by setting it as NATIVE and
I found the following in my syslog ... I don't understand what it means ... I remove information that I thought is personal and replaced it with [comments in square brackets]

This page doesn't even open for me.

I get error on DDNS page:

"The wireless router currently uses a private WAN IP address.
This router may be in the multiple-NAT environment and DDNS service cannot work in this environment."

Log error is :
Nov 24 21:29:33 start_ddns: ppp0 has not yet obtained an ipv6 address

I have zero clue on what basis have they tested IPv6 DDNS. The router doesn't even get it's own IPv6 address to begin with.
Huge bugfixes needed for this beta.

I tried with Asus and Noip DDNS both.

Image to show all my devices except RT-AX88U not getting IPv6 when IPv6 is set to native.
Screenshot 2021-11-24 213553.png

Last edited:

This page doesn't even open for me.

I get error on DDNS page:

"The wireless router currently uses a private WAN IP address.
This router may be in the multiple-NAT environment and DDNS service cannot work in this environment."

Log error is :
Nov 24 21:29:33 start_ddns: ppp0 has not yet obtained an ipv6 address

I have zero clue on what basis have they tested IPv6 DDNS. The router doesn't even get it's own IPv6 address to begin with.
Huge bugfixes needed for this beta.

I tried with Asus and Noip DDNS both.

Image to show all my devices except RT-AX88U not getting IPv6 when IPv6 is set to native.
View attachment 37479
what is your ipv6 prefix ? 56 or 64 ?

Tried the AX88. With both RC3-2 and RC3-3 my download speed goes from 940mbps to 530mbps. Revert back to latest GA then it goes back up again. Tried resetting config without any change. Only difference i see is wireguard is enabled on RC3 builds otherwise its the same config between versions.

On RC3-3 DoT no longer works. Just gives errors. Is fine on GA.
alskaer,
I can confirm that RC3-3
  • download speed from my MacBookPro with Wired Ethernet Connection goes from 950mbps to about 550mbps, I have 1gbps fibre subscription
  • DNS-over-TLS is also not working
I have also just moved back to RT_AX88U_3.0.0.4_386_45934, will come back when RC3-4 become available and these got fixed.

My ISP has a tunnel 6rd setup for ipv6 so I dont know if there’s any benefit in me risking an upgrade to RC3-3 when RC3-2 has been so good to me ?

My WAN ipv6 address ends with /30 ….

EDIT: … although, after having been remote with a live rc3-2 wireguard server connection for a day, wan Internet is usually down at the house when I return. Prompting a router reboot.

EDIT 2: Actually, the isp just started offering native IPv6 this summer without me noticing. This seems to work well on RC3-2 so I’m staying a bit as I’ve also turned to Tailscale for mesh remote networking.

Last edited:
Any estimates/ tentative timescales as to when this release comes out of beta and becomes a release version?

RC3-3 on an AX92 mesh node. Same problem as all stock firmware since 386.43084 (the last one that seemed to work)
5G network doesn't work on mesh nodes with a guest network enabled. Devices try to connect and get thrown back to the main router (in my case an AX88U). This has also been reported in the 386.45934 thread. I realise this isn't directly related to the beta features but it still needs addressing.

Activity seems to have quietened down on the RC3-3...

Is a release imminent or is the next beta imminent? o_O

Can someone suggest to me which VPN provider offer wireguard configuration that is working in this latest Beta firmware?

Strongvpn or anything else?

Thanks

Windscribe & Mullvad
VPN Unlimited…
Thanks a lot. Done setup my wireguard using Mullvad. At first, I'm a bit blurred. But after received the configuration files and opened it using Notepad, then filled in the info is so much easy.

I noticed that if I turn on Wireguard, my normal connection that is not through wireguard will get half only ( from 800Mbps to 400Mbps ). Is this normal situation?

For information, I do not use wireguard for my pc so the pc get normal connection without wireguard.

Then, if I turn off wireguard client, the speed will return back to 800++Mbps.

I noticed that if I turn on Wireguard, my normal connection that is not through wireguard will get half only ( from 800Mbps to 400Mbps ). Is this normal situation?

For information, I do not use wireguard for my pc so the pc get normal connection without wireguard.

Then, if I turn off wireguard client, the speed will return back to 800++Mbps.
Wireguard disables hardware acceleration, for compatibility reasons.

For the love of all things digital, please, pretty please, somebody at Asus start answering some of the questions in these beta threads! You have chosen to post your betas to a *forum* after all…

I myself am confused about the update cycle and when to expect a GM. Also what’s the roadmap features for this release? IPv6 (all over), WireGuard (server and multiple vpn), and dns filter (by another name)?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!