What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.33 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

First, when you restored your settings, did you do it manually or via a saved settings file? If you used a saved settings file, I'd recommend trying going back to default settings again and re-entering your settings manually.

Secondly, for 2.4GHz. settings, I would use 20MHz. channel width, and use a wireless app like inSSIDer to find the clearest channel, and set the channel to that. In other words, avoid using "Auto" for the channel, and any channel width choice on 2.4GHz. that has 40MHz. in it (20/40 or 40).

I erased all settings to default (using reset) and then re-entered it manually. And as I said after that router still rebooting. There was no issues with older Merlin firmware, not remember what version was before...

You could try going back to the firmware version that didn't reboot, and see if that's still the case. Or you could try re-flashing your current version of firmware.

It's hard to find the cause of reboots if the hardware is working correctly, but something is very wrong to cause that to happen, perhaps a bad firmware flash? I would put my efforts towards stabilizing your router, and going back to firmware that didn't reboot for you in the past will give you some information about the state of the hardware.

His .32 version is basically the same core, as I understand it, as the .26b version. It makes sense that for me the .26b and the .32 version work.

And yes I know the 1540 is an Intel Centrino card....

Actually, the driver for the 1540 is Broadcom driver, so I assume the card uses a broadcom chipset. :)

Just switch to the SDK5 build. It's the same driver as these two versions.

I thought of that and looked for the SDK5 build, but could not find it (I am using a RT-AC66U). I am in the office now and the mediafire site gets blocked, so I will have another look later. By the way, wasn't the new driver for the RT-AC66U introduced after 270.26b?

I thought of that and looked for the SDK5 build, but could not find it (I am using a RT-AC66U). I am in the office now and the mediafire site gets blocked, so I will have another look later. By the way, wasn't the new driver for the RT-AC66U introduced after 270.26b?

The SDK5 build only applies to the RT-N66U. The RT-AC66U is a "native" SDK6 router.

I thought you were on an RT-N66U, since everyone referring to that build usually does because it was the last official Asus FW based on 5.100 for the RT-N66U.

The SDK5 build only applies to the RT-N66U. The RT-AC66U is a "native" SDK6 router.

I thought you were on an RT-N66U, since everyone referring to that build usually does because it was the last official Asus FW based on 5.100 for the RT-N66U.

Any suggestions? I have reloaded the various firmwares and I do a factory reset after each install and the results are consistant: 26b shows the 5GHz network and from 31 onwards the 5GHz network is not displayed. This is true only for the Dell Latitude E6430 with Dell Wireless 1540 adapter. The other PC I tested (Lenovo Thinkpad) and iPhone 5 do show the 5GHz network all the way to firmware 33.

Any suggestions? I have reloaded the various firmwares and I do a factory reset after each install and the results are consistant: 26b shows the 5GHz network and from 31 onwards the 5GHz network is not displayed. This is true only for the Dell Latitude E6430 with Dell Wireless 1540 adapter. The other PC I tested (Lenovo Thinkpad) and iPhone 5 do show the 5GHz network all the way to firmware 33.

See the lengthy wireless troubleshooting post I made in the Asus Wireless forum - all my recommendations are there.

Hi All,
after upgrading RT-N66U to 3.0.0.4.374.33 I have strange issue there. Router rebooting in a random times.
Same for me even when I did factory reset, firmware restore to Asus' 3.0.0.4.374.979 and multiple manual configurations. Reboots stopped when WAN interface unplugged and started again when I plug it back.
I solved this issue switching off all servers on USB configuration page.
It seems that new firmware again suffered from GRO (Generic Receive Offload) bug.
Now looking for the way to switch it (GRO) off with ethtool or something else.

Last edited:
Same for me even when I did factory reset, firmware restore to Asus' 3.0.0.4.374.979 and multiple manual configurations. Reboots stopped when WAN interface unplugged and started again when I plug it back.
I solved this issue switching off all servers on USB configuration page.
It seems that new firmware again suffered from GRO (Generic Receive Offload) bug.
Now looking for the way to switch it (GRO) off with ethtool or something else.

N66/AC66U are both compiled without GRO support.

Mac wired to wireless connection fails when HW Acceleration on

Strange problem! As I mentioned in another thread, I switched from .979 to Merlin .33 and did not need to reset or reconfigure, which was great.

Things seemed OK except for one special case. When I connect my Macs where one is wireless and one is wired, performance slows to a crawl. The graph shows only 30 kbps or so and the connection is unusable. All Macs function normally with other devices and if both have the same type of connection. I've tried many combinations of machines and wireless combinations and rebooting the router, always with consistent results.

Then I stumbled on a solution. When I turn off HW Acceleration, everything works normally. Very strange since HW Acceleration was on before in .979 and all was OK.

Not a problem for me right now but there is some weirdness going on. I've searched this thread and found discussions about HW Acceleration but they don't seem relevant to this case.

Any thoughts?

--Dave

I've seen a few cases where disabling HW acceleration resolved issues. However it's impossible to get any deeper troubleshooting-wise, since the HW acceleration module is closed source. No idea what it does exactly, only Broadcom does - and they ain't sharing...

I've seen a few cases where disabling HW acceleration resolved issues. However it's impossible to get any deeper troubleshooting-wise, since the HW acceleration module is closed source. No idea what it does exactly, only Broadcom does - and they ain't sharing...

Ah, thanks. Good to know I'm not alone.

CLEAR Spot Voyager Wimax 3g USB performace

I am using a CLEAR Spot Voyager (Clearwire/Sprint) connected via the usb port for wan. The performance is more of a hit and miss when it comes to completely loading a web page (hangs never finish some pages). The down and up load speeds are spot on (11.77/1.40 Mbps down/up). The problem goes away if I connect the CLEAR Spot Voyager via the Repeater Mode for wan Internet, but then most of the options that comes with this router can't be use in that mode. I can't find any reports about this. Is there a work around for this?

Hi RMerlin, I would just like to feedback that I have reverted back to the SDK5 build firmware for my RT-N66U after using the SDK6 for about a week.

The signal strength/range has dropped quite a bit for the SDK6 build resulting in deadzones (previous do not have) in the my apartment.

Thanks for your effort for maintaining both SDK5/6 build concurrently.

What firmware number did you roll back to? I'm on SDK6 and the range is low enough my iPod has trouble sending messages and loading pictures :/

What firmware number did you roll back to? I'm on SDK6 and the range is low enough my iPod has trouble sending messages and loading pictures :/

There's a 374_33-sdk5 build in the Experimental folder. It's the same version of the firmware, but using the old driver from the 3.0.0.4.270 days.

I tried 979 didn't work too well with my wife's kindle , I had to go back to this version 33
Oh ac66u

Thanks Merlin

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
iPhone 3GS is unable to connect to v33.

It sees the network, but I get an "Unable to Join Network" error. Did a full factory reset and set-up.

Connects fine to v32

iPhone 5S, iPad2, our laptops & Android devices are connecting fine.

edit: oh, this is on the AC66U

Last edited:
RMerlin,

Thank you for supplying the 3.0.0.4.374.33 update.

I have a problem upgrading from 3.0.0.4.374.32 to 3.0.04.374.33. I have an RT-N66U. I am running Window 7 Professional. I did the 30/30/30 hard reset after updating to 374.33. I have renamed my SSID too. The IPv4 Connectivity simply states "No internet access".

Now I have lost my internet connection via my wireless router for 3 of my latpops. I cannot for the life of me get back my internet connection via wireless on my laptop computers. My iPhone 4S, iPad (Generation 1), an older Dell E4300 and HP 6450b Probook all work. But my three Dell E5520 laptops do not seem to want to connect at all.

I am just really frustrated why only a few of my laptops are so stubborn.

Please help. Thank you.

Delete and recreate the wireless profile on all affected computers.

RMerlin,

Thank you for supplying the 3.0.0.4.374.33 update.

I have a problem upgrading from 3.0.0.4.374.32 to 3.0.04.374.33. I have an RT-N66U. I am running Window 7 Professional. I did the 30/30/30 hard reset after updating to 374.33. I have renamed my SSID too. The IPv4 Connectivity simply states "No internet access".

Now I have lost my internet connection via my wireless router for 3 of my latpops. I cannot for the life of me get back my internet connection via wireless on my laptop computers. My iPhone 4S, iPad (Generation 1), an older Dell E4300 and HP 6450b Probook all work. But my three Dell E5520 laptops do not seem to want to connect at all.

I am just really frustrated why only a few of my laptops are so stubborn.

Please help. Thank you.

Sounds like my g/f's iPhone 3GS. Wonder if it's the same wifi chipset as the E5520?

Something funky is going on with 33 vs. 32 reducing wifi compatibility.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4